BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.18.2008

Quick Lunch on the West side - Bend Oregon

There is a new Taco Del Mar open on the West side next to Starbucks in the Safeway parking lot. I am very pleased to see another quick lunch option in that area. I find myself over on THE Westsieeede often and sometimes I need a quick bite before one of my important board meetings where I buy and sell things on the nasdaque jones. I'm a big time power lunch kinda guy.

That got me thinking of all the spots for a quick bite on the West side of Bend. West side being between Colorado and Newport and West of downtown.

Baldy's is not super fast plus is it can be messy. You have to call ahead at Croutons if you want to eat lunch during lunch time. McDonalds is ... well ... McDonalds. Subway is ok but gets old really fast. Pizzicato lacks seating space in the winter months. Cascade Lodge is not very good. Longboard Louie's is decent if you get in before the highschool punks flood the place. Cibelli's is good if you don't mind standing while you eat your monsterous slice as other patrons bump paste to get theirs. Parilla is aight, but it's difficult to get a parking spot sometimes and doesn't really fill you up. Mother's is for the organic smoothy lovin hippy's along with the quick wraps at Devours.

I actually love the wraps at Devours. A nice filling wrap for a few bucks and some kettle chips are some good eats, if you can only get into them. Seriously, they seal those things in about a ton of plastic wrap. Take it easy on the earth there hippy. A wrap from Devours followed by take out from Toomies and you've just made Al Gore shed a single tear.



So, where else can you get a quick bite on the West side?

UPDATE - Because of the great comments, I had to update the above post. I meant to say Pizzicato in the post instead of Pizza Mondo. I was going to mention the grocery stores but I don't like any of them really. Props to Rays Liquor Store, that's the best lunch in town!

I forgot that Hurricane's has sandwiches, I'll have to give them a try. The OHP isn't quick enough to make the list in my opinion.

And I've never heard of Nancy P's. Do they have food?

Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

9What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizzacato, the grocery stores (Newport Market, Ray's, Safeway), Nancy P's...?

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Jen said...

Ummm... does the salad bar at Ray's count? I like the deli in Newport Market. Hurricanes has good sandwiches and of course dessert.

And if you want breakfast for lunch... the Original Pancake House. Can you say "bacon"? I thought you could!

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Keeneye said...

Sandwiches made from scratch at the Newport Avenue Market. Delish!

Love the Caesar salads from Scanlon's (sit in the bar).

March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy P's is on the left side of Newport Market, it is kind of hidden behind another building. I love all of the goodies from Nancy P's, although I have never tried one of their sandwiches before.

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks like you didn't have a great Kebaba experience, but I like their lunches--the tuna kebab sandwich is good stuff.

March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Ray's Deli. For reals.

Great sandwiches. Fine salads and soups. Super nice people.

Say it with me: Ray's Deli.

March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add another vote for Ray's deli...

Sage Cafe is great, too, in NW Crossing.

March 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. I. cannot. believe. you've. never. been. to. Nancy P's.

Their quiche is insane. Their sandwhiches (the tuna curry esp) is awesome... and all their baked goods are grubbin.

On second thought. Don't cover Nancy Ps... it's already hard enough to get a spot..

March 19, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not fill up at Parilla's? You kidding? Get the Jambalaya! My fave!

August 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home