BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.10.2008

Chow - Bend Oregon

CHOW - Bend Oregon

In my previous visit to CHOW, I expressed my concern over the rather small portions. Since then many people have expressed their different opinions on CHOW to me. One friend said "CHOW is the best thing to happen to Bend in ages". I still have not had the opportunity to try CHOW's breakfast but was able to swing by for dinner.

The menu we looked over was quite a bit different than the one posted online. We decided to start off with the Ahi Tuna with a slab of pork belly. The tuna was delicious and when you combined it with a small bite of the fatty pork belly, you're in heaven. Pork is really good for you. No it's not healthy, but it is good for you. Makes you feel good inside, like a hug.



The tuna appetizer was $14 dollars and I'm not so sure I'd get it again. I felt that the portion of tuna was a bit on the small side. I would have liked more tuna and less pork belly (I can't believe I just said that). Tasted great all around though.

I ordered the Beef Tenderloin served with some foie gras butter, a beef cheek ravioli and some greens for $28.





The beef was cooked a little long but was still very tender and absolutely grubbin. I was very pleased with my meal and the beef cheek was insanely good. Beef + Beef + very little greens + fatty duck liver butter = Happy BOR. I'd go back for this dish for sure.

The wife got the Pork Loin that also came with a slab of the pork belly, some potatoes au gratin, and some collard greens for $27. The only knowledge I have about the price of pork belly comes from the 100 times I've seen Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroid. I know that pork in general is not as expensive as beef so why would her pork loin cost only a dollar less than my double beef delight? No idea, but that stuff drives me nuts.

The photo of her entree did not come out. After this dinner, CHOW will be in the rotation for a nice dinner out. Oh, I have to mention the HUGE clock by the fire place. Not sure what's going on over there but the wife pointed out that the time on the clock was 4:20 and not moving. Funny stuff.

So anyway, the portions were much better at CHOW this time around and I do look forward to going back. I also am really trying to get over there for breakfast. Stay tuned.

CHOW
1110 NW Newport Ave
Bend, Oregon 97701
541-728-0256
http://www.chowbend.com/

Hours
Open 7 days

Breakfast and Lunch 7am to 2pm
Dinner 5pm to Close

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Can I go to breakfast with you? :)

March 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4:20 Hmmmmmmmmmm Munchies anybody?

March 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

went to chow, it was packed, food was pretty, but taste it lacked. one server was both nice and cute, one server mean wanted to dispute, the fact that you have two new cooks on the line, not my problem but it is my dime. where are the owners of the new place, better get with it or people lose their faith. clientele was mostly uppercrusty, seeing if chow is the new place to be. bend has come a long ways with dining, but still like a cloud with no silver lining. maybe i'll try chow again, but they'll need to spell it Ciao if the food's not better by then. mt

April 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home