BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.26.2008

Parilla Grill - Bend Oregon

Parilla Grill

Parilla Grill is a little on the fufu side for me but every now and then I like to mix it up with the hippy types and go for a wrap with some bamboo shoots in it. I swear I have never seen bamboo shoots on sooo many different menus in one location as there are in Bend.


Parilla Grill has some creative wraps to choose from and you really can't go wrong with any option. I like the red headed step child and the Wrap of Khan the most. Below is the Chicken Wrap of Khan.


The Wrap of Khan comes with a bean paste, rice, cabbage, and bamboo shoots. I get the recommendations which consist of corn salsa and Gorgonzola. Then I ask for a healthy dose of wasabi. The wasabi is a great addition for flavor and heat but the only drawback is that while you eat your wrap, all the wasabi runs to the bottom and your last few bites can be painful.

A couple things to note...first there is that little container of hot sauce / salsa that you see in the first photo and a good portion of it in the second photo being put to use. Second is how the tin foil is still wrapped around my wrap.

The hot sauce is called Stash. They call it stash because they keep it stashed under the counter and only bust it out for the cool folk like me. Ask for it on the side like I do so you can distribute as you please. This shit is hot as balls. I'm not sure why I use that saying but I do. Hot as balls. It's funny to me. Anyway, Stash adds great flavor to any wrap and brings some serious heat.

The foil is pointed out mainly so I can make fun of this rookie employee at a company I work at (sometimes). She says that Parilla has the wettest burritos ever. Even calls them soup in a tortilla. She loves the place but complains about having the juice run all down her arm.

OK, "rook", keep your wrap wrapped up in the foil as you eat it. It's not difficult. It's not rocket surgery. Be smarter than the wrap, it's difficult sometimes but you can do it.

The wraps from Parilla are rather juicy but if you keep it wrapped up and don't try to eat and drive, you'll be alright.


My wrap from Parilla ran me $7, threw a buck into the tip jar which has a sign that reads "don't be mean, add some green if you want to hear the bell ring". Homeboy rings the bell as my dollar falls into the jar. I get my recognition and I'm out.

Parilla Grill
635 NW 14th Street
541-617-9600
Bend Oregon

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

10What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a while to warm up to the unusual burrito offerings, but now I am hooked. Great for after mtn biking, I have not been there since the fall, but my favs are the jambalaya and the two you mentioned. I heard the owners are opening another restaurant as well...

February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of years ago (OK, maybe it was 5 years or so - I am getting old), their wraps cost between 3-4 bucks (5 for the salmon) and were so huge you would be stuffed if you ate the whole thing. I used to split one with the lady and be fine. Now there wraps are 7-8-9 dollars, and seem smaller to me. I had one the other day and was still hungry. Not really sure how I feel about that.

All that said, its still locally owned, they still have Pabst Pounders, and they still make a mean margarita. Just bring your credit card.

February 26, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I have to agree with Anonymous. I don't remember the wraps costing $3 or $4 but I do remember them being MUCH bigger.

I eat at Parilla mainly for the convenience. The flavor is great and for only a few bucks more than the gut bomb 4 lb bean and cheese burritos at Long Board Louis.

Bamboo Shoooooots!

February 26, 2008  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

I also like how they sponsor live music, and their sign: "Sorry, We're Open!"

It's funny, Boris, but since the blogger meet-up I can't read your blog now without seeing your face in my mind's eye: the slip of lettuce between the buns and the fries in the little red box. ;)

February 26, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

their fish tacos are pretty effing delicious...mmm...i know what i'm having for lunch tomorrow.

February 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you once write that "vegies are what food eats"? Have you crossed to the dark side? Where's the meat?

February 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never really been a fan of the Parilla and I live down the street. Oh, how I would love to like it. I really miss the Snow Bunny, come back bunny, come back.

March 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I unfortunately dont live in the area however every time I pass through town I am sure to stop and grab some of there fish tacos. Just enough spice to wake you up and goes great with a tall boy of Pabst. I am hooked.

April 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited Bend for the first time in the summer of 2008, and ate there every day for three days. My husband and I each got something different and shared. It is one of the few restaurants I have been where I loved literally everything on the menu. Sometimes i wish Bend wasn't so far away, because I would visit this place at least weekly. I am planning another trip to Bend this summer just so I can have another wrap. Well, the mountain biking was amazing too, and it provided us with a healthy appetite.

June 10, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best fish tacos in town and I've done the fish taco tour of Bend. Get their recommendations. I also like the Wrap of Khan with chicken and a little extra spice.

February 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home