BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.07.2009

Pastini Pastaria - Bend Oregon

Pastini Pastaria

When I heard about Pastini Pastaria coming to Bend I thought, "Great, another cheese ball Olive Garden wanna be, or worse, Johnny Carino's." Seriously, why can't we get some great Italian restaurants here? Search Google for "italian, bend oregon" and you'll see some very VERY sad results:


Johnny Carino's, Bella Cucina, 5 pizza places, closed down Ernesto's, and of course, the mecca of Italian cuisine...Sun Mountain Fun Center. I mean nothing reminds me of Florence more so than skee-ball, bumper cars, bowling, and a shit load of unruly children shoveling daddy's quarters into stupid ass "games" just to get a handful of tickets redeemable for a tootsie roll. The last time I was at Sun Mountain I turned in about $30 worth of tickets for a cannoli and reminisced about the sun setting over that beautiful vineyard in Tuscany.

Anyway, the wife and I headed out to Pastini Pastaria not knowing anything about their Portland roots or having any good expectations. Looking over the menu I was pleased with the prices. Very inexpensive and I was impressed with the portion sizes/quality.

The wife was having a difficult time deciding on three salads for her Pastini Salad Sampler ($9.75). She's a huge fan of salads so she was in heaven with the options. She had to choose any three from the list of Insalata Verde, Caesar Salad, Caprese, Tuna-White Bean, Ziti Pasta Salad, Spinach Salad, Artichoke-Chicken, Panzanella, Butter Lettuce:


She selected the Artichoke-Chicken, Caprese, and Tuna-White bean and loved all three. I did not like it. Salad = BORing. She's supposed to get something that we can share or that I can eat when I'm done horking down my food. Selfish.

I quickly decided on the Ziti Con Molta Carne for $10.50:


Bolognese meat sauce with grilled Italian sausage and two of our savory handmade meatballs. I was able to eat about 1/2 of the dish before I used the wife's ghettofab technique of "eatin da meat." Cause as she says "that's the expensive part." I was stuffed and very impressed with the quality and flavor of my meal. The meatballs were good but I couldn't get enough of the sausage. Very well done Pastini.

I might have to stop saying that we don't have any good Italian restaurants in Bend with Pastini Pastaria kicking it down there in the Old Mill. I'll need to visit a couple more times before I can completely be sold. But I will gladly go back to Pastini Pastaria when I need my next fix of lil' Italy. Well, that or go back for some Putt Putt and Pasta at Sun Mountain of course. Italian my ass. Way to go Google.

Pastini Pastaria
THE OLD MILL IN BEND
541-749-1060
375 SW Powerhouse Drive
Bend, OR 97702
On the river across the street from REI
Hours: Sun-Thur 11:30 - 9; Fri & Sat 11:30 - 10
http://www.pastini.net/food_menu2.html

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger Unknown said...

I had the same dish a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff!

January 07, 2009  
Blogger Jen F said...

Yum. Yum. Yum.

It might not be your style, but I highly recommend the polenta. Maybe the wife would enjoy it?

Oh and their orange pomegranate martinis are pretty good too.

January 08, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me. If you think Pastini is one of the better Italian places in Bend, you're clearly starved for quality Italian fare. There's nothing authentic about Pastini. Put enough garlic, sausage and salt on anything and it'll taste good. Slap a low price on the dish and it'll taste even better. Pastini is esentially a cheaper version of Olive Garden only without the endless breadsticks and salad, and over-sized portions. If you want good Italian food, check out Marcello's in Sunriver...it's totally worth the drive. I'd rather pay more for a quality meal than save a few bucks on a cheap experience.

January 13, 2009  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Cmon Anonymous. The first half of my post discusses how starved for Italian in Bend. And then your comment says that I have to go to Sunriver for good Italian which only proves my point. Pastini is the best we have my friend.

-BOR

January 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous, I ate at Marcellos and the food tasted old. The salad was so wilted I would not eat it. Can anyone say Chef Boyardee!!!!!

January 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home