BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.08.2008

Papa Johns Pizza - Bend Oregon

Papa Johns

Do you ever get tired of Pizza? I don't. Just like Mexican food, I'd eat pizza daily if the wife would allow it. For delivery I like the Run Little Piggy from Pizza Mondo. For a quick slice I'll go to Cibelli's on the West side then head to my friend's nearby basement for some pong. But I can't just keep writing reviews of Cibelli's and Pizza Mondo. I have to branch out. I do this for you, my loyal readers. All six of you.

So while I was doing chores around the house this weekend, which means I was flipping between the Florida / Alabama game and the Duke / Michigan game as the wife was out running errands. She wont know, she never reads this blog. Anyway, I realized that it was getting late and I hadn't eaten yet. I wanted some pizza but not from the usual spots as I needed something to write about today. So I searched at Google for pizza, bend oregon.

I browse through the listings and decided on Papa Johns. Their website showed that had some specials which seemed quite good. I selected the family special (large speciality pizza and a large 2-topping pizza for only $17.99) thinking that I'd have left overs for a few days. It took about 45 minutes for the pizzas to arrive and I dove right in.


I grab a slice of each and take a bite of the large two topping - pepperoni and pineapple on thin crust. It was dry and only had a few pieces of pineapple. The crust tasted and felt like card board. I wouldn't go thin crust at Papa Johns again.


My second slice was from the large specialty pizza - The Meats - pepperoni, sausage, bacon and ham on regular crust, extra sauce, and cooked well done. I do like that you have options on how you want it cooked. I avoid most national chain pizza places mostly because the pizza is never fully cooked. I hate doughy pie.

The Meats was decent. The extra sauce was a big help and it was cooked well done like I asked. I like pork products and there were plenty on here. The bacon was hiding under the cheese and was pretty good. I'd probably order this one again if I was forced to order Papa Johns again. I'm pretty sure ordering Papa Johns was a one time thing that I wanted to try...just for you guys. I give and give.

I have to give honorable mention to the garlic butter sauce that came with each pizza. That shit is like crack! I dipped my crust in it like cookies in milk. I tried to soak up as much garlic buttery goodness as I could. I went back for another slice and instead of picking the slice with more toppings and less crust, I went for the most crust possible just so I could clog my arteries with more crack butter. I'm hooked. That's how they get you.

Papa Johns
http://www.papajohns.com/
755 NE Greenwood Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 330-3922

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about me! You have 7 loyal readers. BTW, I think you learned a lesson. Mondo Pizza is the only way to go.

December 08, 2008  
Blogger Jen F said...

Proud to be one of your six pack. Heh!

December 08, 2008  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Ummmm... I'm in there too, right?

December 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i'll be your non-blogger reader! Try Little Pizza Paradise at 27th and Butler Market. Eastside. Woot! Woot!

December 09, 2008  
Blogger Jake said...

Oh there has to be more than six of us. I'd say 10, maybe ;-)

December 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your review is really funny! Thanks for sharing!

June 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the humor you used in your review lol

April 15, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pizzas are ugly. I run a Papa John's and wouldn't even allow those to be sent out based on appearance alone! Uneven topping distribution and terribly uneven crusts. Sorry your PJ experience was so bad! :( I was just doing a google search for a Papa John's approved red phone, though. lol :D

September 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home