BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.18.2008

Two Days of Giving - It is too difficult to give

I don't know how you volunteers and givers out there do it. I tried to give for a few days and couldn't keep my streak alive. Yesterday I gave to Deschutes Brewery. I gave bartenders Shawn and Allison a nice tip. I gave my belly a couple of pints. I gave Best Buy and Ross some money.

I did buy a gift for a giving tree but I'm not going to mention where or for who (or is it whom?). On my way back from lunch and running errands I was about to go to American Red Cross to give blood but I chickened out and feel bad about it. I am deathly afraid of needles. I don't have any piercings or tattoos because of it. I HATE NEEDLES! I'm a wuss.

So I don't have a good post about what I donated to yesterday or today. A couple of you readers sent in recommendations and one of which was food related. Thanks Shawn for alerting me about the Family Kitchen. I emailed the ministry to find out how I can help and haven't heard back. I also am waiting to hear back from COVO.


I'm not giving up but I didn't make my goal of a week's worth of giving. I'm making a resolution to do much much more over the next year. So I'll get back to what I do best (or slightly better than average) and that's writing about what I eat at Bend Oregon Restaurants.


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

2What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about just giving time? Like shovel a neighbor's driveway or help someone set up a blog or walk my dogs. OK. Just kidding about the last one. Unless you want to...

December 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Dear BOR!

You would be correct about for whom, as in "For Whom The Bell Tolls"

And...You blog better than anybody else I know! My tummy hurt yesterday from laughing due to your comments post!

I hope your Christmas is filled with laughter and joy and warmth by the fireplace and hot chocolate with ginormous marshmallows and really cool gifts and Ms. Claus under the tree wearing nothing but a huge red ribbon and a grin with a piece of bacon in one hand and a cerveza in the other!

Merry Christmas, Bor!

December 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home