BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.04.2008

Longboard Louie's - Bend Oregon

Longboard Louie's

Longboard Louie's used to be a weekly stop for me back in the day. It used to be that I could score a Meat, Bean, and Cheese for $4.95. The burritos were big and full of flavor especially when their hot sauce was added to each bite. Now they are just big. The flavors are quite bland and I stopped going.

I was out running errands the other day and needed a quick bite. I called a friend and he said that he was heading to Longboard Louie's for the tortilla soup. I didn't recall tortilla soup on the menu but I was ready to give Longboard Louie's another try.

Arriving before my friend I looked over the menu trying to find something different to try instead of my usual MBC. I noticed the prices have jumped a couple of times. New prices on the printed menu and hand written prices over those on the counter menu. Lame. I ended up with the same old burrito as I always get mainly since it was one of the least expensive items at $6. It was ok. Rather bland but HUGE and hot sauce on every bite helped.

The Tortilla Soup that my friend got was AMAZING! His hairy ass knuckles getting into my photo is not so amazing. It was quite thicker than most other tortilla soups. There wasn't any fresh avocado or any limes for squeezing but other than that, the soup was delicious. Soooo goooood. The soup was full of shredded chicken, melted cheese, black beans and topped with sour cream, onions, and tomatoes. The bowl was massive. It was way too much food for my little friend (who wants the girl with the lip ring to give him a call) to finish. Sorry pal, the photo is only of the soup (and your knuckles) and not of the lip ringed cashier:


They serve the tortillas on the side so you can add them as you like. I liked that as most of the time the tortillas get really soggy and I like them crisp like crackers in my noodle soup. Everyone likes this soup, go get some. One wanna-be foodie type friend "TRE" described the soup as "a melange of Mexico in every bite. Made me feel like I was sitting under a palm tree with a Corona."

My favorite part was that the bowl was only $5 and the cup was only $3...cause I'm cheap. I bought a cup to go. Thought I'd take it home and share with the wife. Sharing is caring...but the wife didn't care about sharing crap with me. I got a couple of bites but she destroyed it. She said it was her new favorite of all the tortilla soups she'd had in Bend. If they keep the prices reasonable and keep the Tortilla Soup on the menu, we'll go back often just for the soup.

Longboard Louie's
1254 NW Galveston Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 383-2449
http://www.longboardlouies.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger Unknown said...

the "small" breakfast burrito at ll's is an absolute steal. still massive and free coffee with it. best breakfast deal in town.
best,
jesse

December 04, 2008  
Blogger Jen F said...

i agree about the tortilla soup! i also appreciate the fact that it's made to order so you can be picky about the toppings. ;-) or not and get a TON of food...

December 04, 2008  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Think about trying the tortilla soup at Farmer John's Produce in Tumalo. They have it every Tuesday and it's delicious!

December 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, BOR...

The next time I'm in Bend, I'm so going to have to make some tortilla soup for you and your lovely one! Seriously!

And...I have nipple rings...do those count?

December 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On your recommendation, I tried the Tortilla Soup and it was amazing!! I have tried Tortilla Soup at several of the Mexican restaurants in town and have become increasing dissatisfied as I have found the quality decreasing over the last several months. I am hooked and will go back again and again. Thanks for the review!

December 10, 2008  
Blogger Heather said...

I went to the east side location today and remembered to try the tortilla soup. The lunch special was a cup of soup and a taco or quesadilla for five bucks, yum! The soup was fantastic and there are limes and other fun additions at the salsa bar. My friend had the fajita burrito and a good time was had by all. :)

December 13, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I ate a bowl of the tortilla soup today and it was seriously some of the best soup I've had in a long time. It's awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

-BOR

December 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you the food is Huge but no Flavor! I couldn't pour enough hot sauce on it! I stopped eating there when they sold to present owners..

December 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home