BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

12.01.2008

Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery doesn't seem to be hurting in this economy. There is always a wait for a table and when I grab a spot at the bar I always end up with some inconsiderate chump rubbing his ass on me. Come on man, I was there first, move over!

Deschutes Brewery, or "the pub" as my friends simply refer to it, has revamped their menu again adding some classics back to it. One such classic has become my new favorite dish at Deschutes. The Cuban Pressed Pulled Pork Sandwich ($10.95). Ham, pulled pork, pickle, swiss, and mustard pressed in a hoagie roll.


Now, this photo was taken the second time that I tried this dish and it wasn't that great. Sloppily put together and only one pickle. The consistency at Deschutes and the price of many of the items get to me sometimes. I mean, $15 for meatloaf, come on! Other than that, I'm a big fan.

The pressed pork sandwich was amazing the first and third time that I had it and I'll continue to order it for a while. It has been a great replacement for my normal French Dip. If nothing on the daily specials menu tickles my fancy, I would normally go with the french dip but not anymore. I'm all ham and pulled pork.

Another favorite of mine is the Brewery Cobb Salad. I like to ask for grilled chicken instead of the cold chicken. But even this salad has it's issues with consistency. Sometimes it comes out looking so pretty. Beautiful avocado, crisp bacon, egg, blue cheese all lined up across the crisp greens just waiting for me to devour them all. And then other times it is slopped together and swimming in dressing.

When the A-team is working the line in the kitchen, the food is definitely worth it but I just wish the prices would come down for us struggling locals. I'm already paying $4.25 a pint.

I pitty the fool that charges high prices! Stay in School. Don't do drugs. Eat Mr. T cereal.


Deschutes Brewery & Public House
1044 Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-9242

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen F said...

After a bad lunch experience last week I am wondering if we go to the same "The Pub"? Or do they see you coming? Since this is the third time we've had a bad one at "The Pub" I am done. Too many other good places to eat in this town.

Wings: ordered 1/2 and 1/2. ONLY because BOR reassured me they are the best in town. They were served lukewarm and overcooked. I think they might have been leftovers from the night before that the warmed up in the microwave for us.

Lunch: arrived 75 minutes AFTER we ordered. At lunch time, that is just not cool. I had greasy mac and cheese that was flavorless. Salad was just a big pile of lettuce with a couple of bad tomatoes (not that I expect good tomatoes this time of year, but if they are that bad they shouldn't be served).

Server was nice and friendly. Apologized for the wait on food but didn't do anything about it.

They make really good beer though. And I'll continue to buy it at the store or on tap at other local restaurants. Mmm... Abyss....

December 01, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Normally I don't publish negative comments that are not in line with my experience as this blog is about my meal and not yours. BUT, since Jen F is a person that I know and respect her culinary opinions, I'm publishing it.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience Jen. Like I said, they are having some issues with consistency. Sounds like you got one of the B-Teams. Their wings are some of my favorites.

Quick question, is that an MugRevolution Mug you have in your photo? Love those mugs!

December 01, 2008  
Blogger Jen F said...

Thanks for publishing my snark. :-) Maybe let me know if you get a schedule of when the A-team is on, and I will give them another try.

Oh yessss that is one of my fabulous Mug Revolution mugs handmade right here in Bend, Oregon! I have one for work, one for home, and one for guests. They are just that wonderful.

Maybe I will start a blog that is all about me trying out all the coffee and tea (and other mug-centric drinks) in Bend, Oregon - and I will always drink out of my Mug Revolution handmade coffee mug.

December 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home