BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.11.2008

Bella Cucina - Bend Oregon

Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina received a favorable review recently from Hack Bend for their breakfast burrito/wrap. A couple of friends of mine went there for a late lunch not too long ago and had a good time, thought the service was good and the price was great.

So on those recommendations I thought I'd give Bella Cucina a shot. I met a friend for lunch and we sat outside enjoying one of the only warm sunny days in Bend so far this year. After looking over the menu and waiting 5 minutes for water, and another 8 for the waitress to come back I ordered The Italian - "Served hot on our fresh baked focaccia bread with salami, pepperoni & prosciutto, melted mozzeralla cheese" for $9.


Well, for being on ciabatta bread instead of "fresh baked focaccia", half the sandwich was cooooold instead of "served hot", and for being light on the meat, it was ok. Now I think I've been spoiled by the BORwich over at the Speedshop deli (my personal creation of course) which is only $9.50 and comes with a great Asian style coleslaw.

This sandwich from Bella Cucina was served with bland, oily chips. The service was bad but I'll blame just our server. She couldn't care less about us or the speed in which she did anything. Could have been a "red" week or some other personal issues going on. I don't really care.

We had to wait forever to get our bill and for her to come back and collect the bill. We waited so long that we got up and started walking inside to pay. She came out and met us half way. I paid in cash and she took another 5 minutes to bring my change.

For lunch, I was not impressed at all by Bella Cucina's and if I decide to go back for breakfast or dinner (unlikely), I'll make sure to request any section other than the old ass biker chick with the raspy smoker's voice which you can barely understand's section.

Bella Cucina Italian Cafe
450 SW Powerhouse Drive
Old Mill District
Bend, Oregon
385-7774
http://www.bellacucinacafe.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger wrongdude said...

“old ass biker chick with the raspy smoker's voice”
LMAO!

June 12, 2008  
Blogger Leopardtamer said...

Yup...thats her.
We were in Bend in April and made the mistake of having Lunch to go from Bella Cucina. Half of my order was missing, didn't realize until we got back to our hotel.
I do have to say their smoothie's are good...just missing a couple of shot's of rum!

June 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't bother going for dinner, it's not much better than their lunch. I know the server you are talking about, she needs to find a new job because she really sucks as a server.

July 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that getting personal on a review that is supost to be about food is wrong, the server you are talking about was in a car accident when she was young that almost killed her and left her with NO chance of being able to talk with her vocal cords again, defiying those odds she learned to speak from her diaphram, thats were the "raspy" voice comes from, not from smoking. i hope you all feel sorry for what you said. i think that you are an ass hole for using those kind of words for somthing that should be a profesional review. She is a wonderful waitress and the best mother in the world, everyone has bad days. keep in mind if you come to lunch at ANY small restraunt on a warm busy day it will take some time to get served. your words are hurt full, and i have to say i was thinking about trying your deli but now will never go there nor will i refer it to any of my friends or family, next time think twice before you type!

July 30, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Hey Anonymous,

If I lacked the ability to speak, I would pursue another career choice than something that requires verbal communication. You say her raspy voice doesn't come from smoking, but the smoke break she took during our lunch can't be much help. She might be a great mother, I wouldn't know. All I know is that she was not a good waitress when servicing our lunch. It was NOT a busy day. She did not come out and wait on us in a timely manner by any means.

On another note, I am not the owner of the Speedshop Deli, or a professional writer, and this is definitely NOT a professional review site. I write my personal opinions about the food that I eat at restaurants. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I don't feel bad about anything I've said. "Old ass biker chick with the raspy voice" HAHAHA that still cracks me up.

Thanks for reading.

-BOR

July 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she not an old ass biker chick though. how old are you? just out of curiousity, did you sit out side? if you did, did you come inside and tell her you were there? everyone has bad days okay? Bella Cucina is a great restaurant that has great food for a resonable price. im sorry that the day you went there everything was so horrible but i know thats not the case most of the time, thank you for posting my previous comment.

July 31, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Hey Anon,

I used "old ass biker chick" simply to describe the waitress. Others that commented and have emailed knew exactly who I was talking about.

We did sit outside and she was attending another couple that was just finishing up while we were there. In fact, my friend arrived about 5 minutes before I got there and after sitting down, we waited 5 minutes for water. OK, lets assume that she didn't know we were there. Once she brought us the water, then there is no excuse for the slow service after that right?

You say the restaurant is great, I say that my Panini was not good. It wasn't as described on the menu, wasn't served hot, wasn't brought out in a timely manner especially for how slow they were.

Sure everyone has bad days, my blog only discusses MY experience. I don't write glowing reviews about shitty places since I'm not advertiser funded and I don't need to please every restaurant. I write an honest opinion about my personal experience. That's all I know. I went there once for lunch and wrote about it. With as many restaurants there are in this small town, I don't think I need to force a good experience by trying a suck ass place over and over again. There are many other places I have yet to try, why risk another chance at a place that failed in every aspect on my first visit? That's not good business sense.

You have your right to believe that Bella Cucina is a "great restaurant that has great food for a resonable price" but I completely disagree on all accounts and I have that right. I can get much better food and service for the same money or less at a lot of different restaurants. I don't need to tell you this, but you are more than welcome to start up your own Bella Cucina fan site and write your own opinions on it. Then I'll comment and disagree, call you an "ass hole" and see where that gets me.

This blog is for me to write my opinions, not to publish random anonymous visitor's experiences. How do I know you're not the owner of Bella Cucina or a publicist? I normally don't publish anonymous comments that disagree with me since I don't know if the comments are legit or just another restaurant owner's rant or jealousy.

I'm out!

-BOR

July 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand why Bela Cuchina calls their paninis, paninis when they are not grilled flat? I asked my server, she said that they don't mke paninis the same in Italy that they do here. Stupid answer.

July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home