BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

10.10.2007

Johnny Carino's - Bend Oregon

Johnny Carino's

Mmmmm mmmm some good old fashion Country Italian cuisine from Johnny Carino's. Grilled Chicken Parmesan Panini and chips:


I can honestly say that this was the best Chicken Parmesan Panini I've ever had. I can also say that it was the only one I've ever tried. It was not good at all. The chicken didn't seem like a chicken breast at all. Like it came out of a tube, formed into a breast shape, before being breaded and fried. The whole sandwich just tasted bland. Under seasoned and plain for sure.

The chips were horrible, down right horrid! The only enjoyment I received from the whole experience was watching the bartender try to figure out what he was doing...who, by the way, looked like Rocky Balboa. He was missing the hat and rubber bouncy ball but the hair was spot on. Yo Adrian, your chicken parm sucks!

Does anyone enjoy Johnny Carino's? Let me know.

Johnny Carino's
63455 North Highway 97
Suite 118
Bend, OR 97701

(541) 318-6300 Phone
(541) 318-5080 Fax
(541) 318-6300 Curbside
http://www.carinos.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

I've had the Chicken Skilletini a couple times there, and it was really good, if a bit heavy on the olive oil. I don't remember what my other guests had, but they really enjoyed it. The service was good. Nobody had a panini. Haven't been there since last winter.

October 10, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

They used to have a really good "Chicken and Bread" soup - it was great on a cold night, would stop by and grab a big container with some bread to go. Other than that... meh! It's OK, but basically like Olive Garden.

October 10, 2007  
Blogger Jake said...

Nope, can't say that I do. Never been impressed with them. Most of the time when I get my food there, it arrives cold like they didn't microwave it long enough or something.

October 10, 2007  
Blogger largemarge said...

I've eaten there twice, I think. The first time I spilled one of those Benini (sp?) drinks all over the table and myself, and I don't remember much else. :)

The second time I think I had the chicken parm (not on a panini, however). It was pretty good -- Olive Gardenish. I haven't been back, though. I had a client who worked there and that always turns me off to a restaurant. (Never eat at the Apple Peddlar in Prineville, by the way).

October 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want really good Italian in Bend,go were the locals go not the tourists. Ernesto'is the best of the best\my own Italian grandmother would have approved.Carino's is fast food that stuff is pulled out of the freezer/can not be compared to the Olive Garden whole different ball game. Ernesto's is the best!

October 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? I don't like Ernestos that much. My dad loves it though for some reason.

The Bellini's at Carino's are awesome.

The Garlic potatoe soup is freaking amazing....

And I usually always get the Chicken Parm... any time I deviate from that I'm dissapointed so I just stick with the chicken parm.

November 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've worked at Johnny Carino's now almost a year and a half. The crew are like family and the managers will do amlmost ANYTHING for us and the customers. Our food IS NOT from the freezer. In fact EVERYTHING except a few of our soups and sauces is made fresh everyday. The chicken parm is hand breade and everything in the lasagna is homemade down to the mixture of cheese and the meat sauce.

So come in even if you've had a bad experience because chances are your bad experience happened when the resturant was brand new. Don't forget to take a look at our new drink menu. All of the drinks on it were created by the bartenders in the resturant in Bend and I garuntee that you won't be able to get a better mojito anywhere in Bend. :) See you soon!

May 20, 2008  
Blogger Stan said...

Ok, I've never eaten at the Johnny Carinos in Bend, but I have eaten at ones throughout Idaho and Montana, and never once had a bad experience. The food has always been authentic, fresh, and...simply amazing. One I went into Montana had us take a tour of their kitchen, partially to show off the fact that they had no freezer in the building. The food is as fresh as a restaurant without its own slaughterhouse and garden out back can offer.

The food at Carinos rivals any of that I've eaten in Italy itself, their portions are large, and their prices low. And if you do a direct comparison of Johnny Carinos and Olive Garden, well let's put it this way, I've tried Olive Garden twice since trying Carinos, and the experiences can't compare. Olive Garden is mass-produced, frozen, reheated, and slapped on a plate. Olive Garden is terribly overpriced, and the food is ... worse than fast food.

I just wish they had a Carinos in Coeur d'Alene. As it is, I'd have to make a 140 mile trip to get to the Missoula one, which I stop at every time I travel through Montana.

April 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home