BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

11.03.2008

The Breakfast Club - Bend Oregon

The Breakfast Club

Our visit to the Breakfast Club was a joyous one and we can't wait to return. There are a wide variety of breakfast restaurants in Bend and everyone seems to have their favorites. I like Jake's Diner and Westside Bakery as well as Victorian Cafe (when I have the time to wait). The wife and I have been wanting to try the Breakfast Club for a while and finally made up our minds to go this past weekend.

When we rolled in there was a short waiting list in order to get a booth or to get a spot at the bar. I added my name to the list and we waited for about 5 minutes until a booth opened up. Looking over the menu we quickly realized that the Breakfast Club has probably the least expensive menu in Bend. Everything was dirt cheap. I don't think I saw one thing on the menu over $10.

My Bacon and Cheese omelet was $6.50 and it came with a choice of three hotcakes or hash browns and bread. I decided to skip all that and substitute the hash browns for 1/2 biscuits and gravy for $0.75 more. My omelet came out on a plate by itself and so did the biscuits and gravy so the photos are not the best but the flavors were money. I even had to bust out the camera to take another photo of my bacon stuffed omelet after I cut into it just to show how much bacon was included.


The wife selected a ham and cheese omlete with the hash browns. Those were some of the best hash browns we've ever had. They were crispy on the outside yet tender inside and diced up perfectly.


I had to take a photo of my $0.75 coffee and my $2.45 large orange juice. I have not seen a pint glass sized orange juice ever. Normally you get a tiny little glass of juice for $5. Now, the OJ was not fresh squeezed but the Sunkist machine makes a mean glass of juice.


We loved our experience at the Breakfast Club. There were not any frills or too many phoo phoo dishes. It was just your normal greasy spoon full of local regulars that the staff greeted by name included the line chefs from the back. This tiny restaurant packs in the customers and appears to keep them coming back. I know we'll be back soon.

The Breakfast Club
378 NE Greenwood Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 312-8393
mon-sat 6am-3pm
sun 7am-3pm

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Keeneye said...

Whitey and I used to go to the Breakfast Club at least once a week when we lived in Bend. I thought that their omelets were awesome, and their hashbrowns were always crisp and had lots of flavor.

November 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... I'll bet 90% of the folks that eat the meal pictured dont have health insurance. I'd recommend eating some fruit and egg whites and put what you saved in a bank account so you can pay your ER bills instead of forcing the community to bear the burden.

Just my two cents...

November 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food is indeed always good at the Breakfast Club and we used to eat there all the time. I haven't been in over a year though as I have no tolerance for people standing right over me while I am eating my meal, waiting for my seat.
I get that it is small and great food, but it isn't so fantastic that I am willing to try to relax and enjoy my meal while people stand right over me along the wall staring at me waiting for my seat.
The breakfast sausage was delicious though.

November 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the Food Police are out and about (Anonymous, Nov. 17).

I'd recommend that person get a job and not worry about what other people eat. Get a life.

December 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home