BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.15.2008

Victorian Cafe - Bend Oregon

Victorian Cafe

In my recent Best Breakfast in Bend Oregon 2007, I did not name The Victorian Cafe as the winner and a few people have disagreed with me. I knew that would happen but what I did not realize is how important a good breakfast restaurant is for a lot of people. I mean you guys take breakfast very seriously and the loyalty is astounding.

I was lucky enough to get into the Victorian Cafe with zero wait time recently. The wait time is one of the only clomplaints anyone has about the Vic. On weekends you can expect to wait a good hour before being seated.

I went on a weekday and around 9:30ish and we were seated pretty quickly. I was going to go for some of the eggs benedict that are so highly regarded by everyone but instead I opted for the chicken fried steak special. I can't resist fried steak covered in gravy. I just can't!



The only complaint I have is that I ordered the eggs over easy and I should have asked for them over medium. Over easy eggs AND the gravy was a bit on the messy side. The chicken fried steak was crazy good and the gravy was perfect.

I can't wait to go back for one of the drink specials they have for the winter and some of those eggs benedict. Hopefully that will be soon. Here are some other reviews of the Victorian Cafe:

Hack Bend
Bend Living

The Victorian Cafe
1404 NW Galveston Ave.
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-6411

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Yeah, nothing like a really good breakfast to kick start a day. That gravy looks gooood. BACK IN THE DAY, when it used to be Victorian Pantry, we all called it "Vicky's Panties". As in, "where should we go for breakfast?", "I dunno, how about Vicky's Panties?" yuk yuk

January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've lived in Bend for two years, yet had never been to the Victorian Cafe. We went by it a couple of times, but, there was always a wait and we weren't in the mood. We had visitors (who doesn't in Bend) and on their way out of town on a Monday morning decided to try to get into the Victorian Cafe. There was no wait, but, believe me...that place is worth waiting for! We had absolutely wonderful service and each breakfast was great!! We are a pretty diverse group with a vegetarian, a couple of picky eaters and a couple of adventurous diners included (there were five of us). We had orders of eggs benedict, they could not have been any better. So many restaurants mess up on the hollandaise, not here, it was perfection. One adventurous type had a rabbit burrito...not anything I would try, but, he said it was awesome. The veggie omelet also got rave reviews. We will definitely go back and not even wait for visitors from out of town!!

January 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud you for giving them a shot... but man... you've GOT to try the eggs benedict!!!

I have dreams about them and my mouth is watering just thinking about it haha.

I really do think they are the best breakfast in Bend. Of course I've never had anything there but they eggs bene so take that for what it is hehe

January 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Victorian Cafe is hands down the best breakfast in Bend. How can you beat a place that serves a pint of orange juice and champagne called a manmosa? Although most of the standard stuff (eggs, pancakes) are decent, the real showstopper is the wild salmon benedict. Crispy english muffin, wild smoked salmon, poached egg, thin sliced red onion, capers, and rich and buttery hollandaise... oh my god, it's excellent. I usually order it without onions in case I want to go for some public necking after a couple of manmosas.

If you're feeling really naughty, get the wild salmon benedict with one of their signature spicy bloody mary's. They use pepper infused vodka for an extra kick.

January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home