BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

10.06.2008

La Rosa - Bend Oregon

La Rosa

La Rosa has a new location in NW Crossing near Riley's Market and Paisano's Pizza. I would have visited the new La Rosa and posted about it sooner but I have had one crazy month. Finally a friend and I made it over for lunch recently. The place was pretty full but we were able to get a table right away.

I love the new digs compared to the old, cramped, La Rosa location off College Way where you got blasted by freezing cold air every time the door opened and you scrambled to keep your napkins and menus from flying off the table.

The new location is much more spacious and has a great bar. The menu appears to be different from the last time that I ate at La Rosa in the old spot and the salsa is a bit different as well. I still like El Caporal's chips and salsa but this new recipe is a very, very close second.

Normally I get the enchiladas as my comparison dish when trying out a new Mexican restaurant. But for some reason I let myself get talked into the Tostaditas - crispy corn tortillas topped with refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, and your choice of chicken, ground or shredded beef, or carnitas (pork). I selected one chicken, one picadillo (shredded beef) and one carnitas. ($8.95)



Under this mess of a plate were some great, tender, and flavorful meats. I was glad that I got to try the three different meats as they were all very good and juicy. I would not get this dish again though. It was a mess and difficult to eat. The crispy corn tortillas became very soggy very quickly and it basically turned into a salad.

The red cactus margarita did it's duty and ruined my productivity for the rest of the afternoon. After sipping on this tasty, tequila filled mamma jamma I ended up going home and lazily watched some stupid Keanu Reeves movie.

Next time I visit La Rosa, I'm getting the Enchiladas Mexicana which my friend got and he really enjoyed.

La Rosa
Mt Washington Dr & NW Crossing Dr
Bend Oregon
541-647-1624
11am – 10pm Daily

Laurie J. Rice has a good write up of La Rosa from her recent visit at the Source.

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

There are some great Mexican restaurants in central Oregon, but I'm never thrilled by the salsa. I like a salsa that's thicker than the thin stuff that's almost universal here. I like it smokier and chunkier, with lots of bits of tomato. I want it to sit on my chips and not go dripping right off like tomato juice. Who has the best salsa around?

October 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend the Pollo de Chipotle. It's my favorite dish! We also love the halibut ceviche. Still haven't tried the new location but looking forward to it. Jen

October 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOR watching Keanu Reeves?!?! Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!

October 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOR,

I know you are a meat eater, but the Enchiladas Espinacas are fabulous. I think you should try the Arrachera. Very tasty thin flank steak, and for a bonus ask for pinto or black beans instead of refries. That is, of course, if you want something different. Their Cheviche is also very good.

October 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home