BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

10.01.2008

Pisano's Pizza vs Cibelli's New York Pizza

Pisano's vs Cibelli's

I remember reading about how the owner of Cibelli's was suing the owners of Pizanno's Pizza in the Bulletin. Recently I saw a new pizza restaurant in NW Crossing called Pisano's Pizza and wondered if this was the same as the Prineville one even though they are spelled different.

I figured that instead of getting into the rumors, I'd just compare slices from each place and see if there are any similarities and find out which is better. I decided that a simple slice of pepperoni wrapped up to-go from each place would be a good comparison.

Getting both slices back to the house I grabbed all my toppings that I use to doctor up my pizza at home and opened up my two brown paper bags of pizza from Pisano's (on the left) and Cibelli's (on the right).


Obvious portion size winner goes to Cibelli's and it only cost $3.25 instead of $4 at Pisano's.

I started off with a couple bites of each slice without any additional seasonings from my spice rack. The better flavor goes to Cibelli's again which could be mainly due to the grease. Grease = good. The slice from Pisano's had a thicker crust and wasn't greasy at all.

Some might like the lack of grease but I think the best slice is when there is a little grease but not enough that it drips off the pizza and thoroughly soaks your plate. That's just nasty.

The crust from Pisano's was thicker as I mentioned and it was a bit on the doughy side. For a slice of NY pizza, I like the Cibelli's huge slice, fold in half style like NY pizza should be. Before you go off on what real NY pizza should be, I've been to NY and have had real NY pizza.

The other factor for me was the slices of pepperoni. I mean, look at the photo and you'll see the difference in size between the pepperoni from Cibelli's and how it completely dwarfs the pepperoni from Pisano's.

For this round of taste testing between the two pizza restaurants, Cibelli's wins hands down. I can't imagine that this Pisano's is the same as the Pizanno's in Prineville that was accused of stealing Cibelli's recipes. The two slices were completely different and personally I don't think Frank Cibelli has anything to worry about here.

Cibelli's New York Pizza
738 NW Columbia St,
Bend Oregon
(541) 318-2800

Pisano's Pizza
NW Crossing
541-312-9349

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Thanks for doing the dirty work for us, BOR! I know I know, somebody's got to, right?

October 01, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Cibelli's, and it is definitely New York pizza, because it's just like the kind we have everytime we go out there to visit relatives.

October 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm...i adore your comparison photo!!!

and...i also put hot sauce, parm (preferrably fresh...but a gal's gotta do what she has to do!), and freshly ground black pepper!!!!!!!

can't wait to hear about your trip!

October 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pisano's (Pizzano's, Pizanno's, etc.) is NOT affiliated with Paizano's in Baker City. We are often told that we have a second location in Prineville, or that we just opened in NW Crossing in Bend.

Nope.

Just one location, in Baker City, Oregon.

And our slices are a foot-long, have tons of pepperoni, and are $3.25 (/shameless plug).

:)

October 03, 2008  
Blogger Joey said...

I don't always agree with you, but I really like the comparison you make here. Thanks!

October 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home