BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.09.2008

Jake's Diner - Bend Oregon

Jake's Diner

Jake's Diner recently went through a make over in the main dining room. While the dining room has a new look and feel, the food has not changed....thank goodness!


I was able to cash in some savings bonds that my Grandparents gave me when I was a kid so I could fill up the gas tank for yet another trip to the East side of Bend. This time I was actually in search of the Aloha Cafe but forgot to look up the addy before heading East. When we finally found the cafe, we were already in the turning lane to head back to the West side and figure out where else to eat. My friend is a big fan of Jake's so we decided that we'll check out the new dining room and hit up Aloha some other time, when gas prices drop.

When gas prices drop! haha that's the new "When Hell freezes over" or "when pigs fly". I challenge you to use "When gas prices drop" today in conversation. When the kids get home from school and want to play video games tell them "sure, when gas prices drop."

"Hey, we should go try out the new Vola" - your spouse
"Sure thing babe, just as soon as gas prices drop....OOOoo IN yur FACE!!" - you

Try it and give me credit since I just made that up.

Jake's Diner serves up some great portions for low prices and everything can be covered in gravy and/or syrup. I've had the biscuits and gravy, a burger, the pancakes, and hash browns. I browsed the menu and decided on the Monte Cristo. Ever since having the Monte Cristo at McKay Cottage, I have been wanting one every time I see it on the menu.


Oh momma, french toast, turkey, ham, and slices of kraft singles type cheddar and Swiss in between creating this melty, fake cheesy goodness. What a great lunch for $7.95.

My favorite part of the redesign is that they have taken all the celebrity photos and articles, framed them, and placed them on the walls in various spots. Even BOR made it on the wall...


Immortalized.

Jake's Diner
2210 NE Highway 20 (Behind the A&W and the East side Liquor Store)
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-0118
http://jakesdiner.blogspot.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Jake's Diner serves up some great portions for low prices and everything can be covered in gravy and/or syrup."

My dad and I had a recent conversation about how almost anything (except fruit) can be improved by adding syrup or gravy. Think about it, it's SO TRUE.

May 09, 2008  
Blogger diner life said...

I hate fake cheese. But that seems to be what people (especially younger ones want.) So much so that the price is about the same. When I try and make changes and change the cheese, there always seems to be an uproar so I just leave it the way it always was. I like Cheddar cheese on my burger for instance, so I started up the Cheddar Cheese Burger melt.

If you want a different cheese on ANY sandwich or meal, just ask and you shall recieve. We carry American, Swiss, Jack, Pepper Jack, and Cheddar (though not sliced).

May 09, 2008  
Blogger Cassoulet Cafe said...

"When gas prices drop"...Love it! I'll use this line from now on! :)

May 11, 2008  
Blogger Jen said...

We went on Saturday and I was really impressed with the changes. Some of the new menu items look great too! I had the Florentine Benny (Lyle, you had me at "spinach"), yum!

The kid with us just about fell off his chair when he saw his pancakes (that lap over the sides of the plate) and loved the little circle cut out for the syrup container.

It's wonderful that just about everything comes with gravy. It really does make things better!

May 12, 2008  
Blogger diner life said...

Thanks for the comment on the florentine, Jen.

Yesterday, a lady was leaving and I asked her how her food was. "It would have been better if you would use fresh spinich on your florentine.", she commented. "I only use fresh spinich.", I countered. "Young Man, I know can spinich when I taste it and yours is canned.". I then invited her back to the kitchen to see for herself.

She stopped, looked at me and said, "Well, it's not as good as mine!". She then spun around and left.

May 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home