BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.24.2008

McKay Cottage - Bend Oregon

McKay Cottage - Bend Oregon

McKay Cottage is soooo far away from where I live and work. I've actually said "man, that's so far away" when someone says we should go to McKay Cottage. That's funny cause nothing in Bend is that far away. I'm spoiled...and a bit of a whiner obviously.

I've already tried the Mckay Burger and received many glowing comments/recommendations about McKay Cottage that when a friend recommended going back, I was all for it. I looked over the menu and was wanting something that I normally don't get the chance to have. Merlot Braised Short Rib Open Face Sandwich or the Turkey Pot Pie looked tempting but then I saw it...

Classic Monte Cristo
Egg bread topped with turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese dipped in egg batter and grilled to a golden brown. Served with a side of strawberry preserves, $8.95



OMG WTF TMC!!! This was insane! The egg bread (french toast) was sooo good as a sandwich and with the strawberry preserves, I thought I was in heaven. I was a bit cynical about McKay's in my last post and all the glowing reviews but I have to say, I'm a fan. I'm sold. McKay Cottage is money and you should go...right now.

I left giggling like a school girl over the joyous meal I was presented. It had everything I love in a meal and the price was right. That was honestly the best Monte Cristo I've ever had and I can't wait to get it again. You go girl!

McKay Cottage
62910 O B Riley Rd
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 383-2697
http://www.themckaycottage.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger The Natives Are Restless said...

I haven't been there for years but I've read all the good press they've been getting the last couple of years.

I must say, your's is the most glowing review I think I've ever read. I must try it again.

March 24, 2008  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

I have to say, I would pick McKay over Victorian any day. The wait is not as long and the food rocks. Their Eggs Bene are just as great. And I like the atmosphere.

March 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love McKay cottage. Great breakfast. very kid friendly. They always bring our daughter fresh fruit. If you go before 9am you really beat the crowd. Don't sit by the fire unless you want to cook.

January 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home