BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.21.2008

Richard's Donuts - Bend Oregon

Richards Donuts & Pastries

On my nominations for Gusto's "Best of" list, Jake disagreed with my Best Donut suggestion. He said "Doughnuts: Sweethearts has NOTHING on Richard's Doughnuts. Those things are like crack."

Righard's Donuts are like crack! Not that I've had much crack lately...I'm more of a Black Tar kind of guy. I went out of my way Sunday morning to find Richard's on Hwy 97. I selected a mixed dozen as well as a dozen donut holes.



The donut holes are a steal at $1.75 for a dozen. You can polish off a dozen of these bad boys over a cup of joe. These little nuggets of pure heaven are the closest thing to a Krispy Kreme donut that I've ever come across. They just melted in my mouth.

The rest of the donuts were very good. The dough was light and the frostings were perfectly sweetened. Yummy all around. I will agree with Jake, Richard's has some killer donuts. However, I did pay about twice as much as I did at Sweethearts.

Now that I've tried Richard's, I'll have to give Sweethearts another go in order to compare more accurately.

Richard's Donuts & Pastries
61419 S. Hwy 97 Suite T
Bend Oregon 97702
541-385-3310

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I also winced when you said Sweethearts was the best. Richards is by far the best way to kill your waistline or wish you had taken up a career in law enforcement. Okay, a bad pun, but Richard's donuts are THAT GOOD.

April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richards donuts are the best! We used to go there every couple weeks when we lived in Bend (now we're in Redmond). Their donut holes taste exactly like krispy kremes!

April 21, 2008  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

It's important to have an accurate comparison... you may have to go back a couple times!

April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard's Donuts are great! The people that work there are super nice and friendly. I noticed you had a "Barbie Donut"(pink)as my 3year old calls them. Those are our favorites!

May 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home