BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.22.2007

Next Food Network Star Finale Results

Next Food Network Star Finale

After a week of waiting for the big Next Food Network Star Finale, it's finally arrived. I've wasted my day watching the NFNS marathon while I prep for dinner and do my 'Honey Do' list. The week has been interesting.

I'm still rooting for Rory to take the victory as I feel her show would be more suited to something I would watch. I don't really want the French Gourmet next door...I think they would annoy me.

So the WINNER IS...

AMY!!

I'm so sorry Rory, I tried to get the votes. I personaly think that being from Vega and not a major metro like SD had a major roll. You don't really have the population that Amy had in her home town backing her. Plus if you didn't even have the Food Network on your cable provider's list of channels, I wonder what the percentage of that town was able to get online and actually vote.

It was heart wrenching watching the results and seeing Rory grip onto anyone that was near by and not face the camera. You could tell that she was crying her eyes out. That sucks.

To be honest, Amy didn't even look that happy to win. Maybe she was feeling bad for Rory as well and didn't want to go over the top in her face. I will admit, after seeing Amy's tape of her home and the compound that she lives on, I started thinking that there was more to her than they had previously shown.

Anyway, I'm sorry Rory, I wish you well in your new restaurant and the next time I'm in Vega, I'll make sure to swing by.

Congratulations Amy, I hope your new show is a hit!

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

9What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Yea, Rory! I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when the judges let her off the hook. I think her food and her smile saved her.

I was all set for them to let go of Jag. Paul is just so adorably, well, gay. And they already have a "tuff guy" Food Network Star in Guy Fieri.

This was the first week when I found Amy "watchable". Maybe she is letting go of the "pretentiousness" that shut me out before.

July 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There!
I'm so excited i made it this far. There is so much they are not showing you guys! Anyway If in the case I do make it to the final 2 the voting will start next Sunday night and only last till Monday night. So in the case please get everyone one to vote at FoodNetwork.com

July 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jen. I actually liked Amy this week... and to think that she almost backed out! Smart move on grabbing the panko to educate the viewers.

Paul! Not knowing what made the dish Mediterranean when a key ingredient was Cous Cous was a big negative, and probably attributed to his getting kicked off. Bummer. I did like the guy, but as Bobby said, learn to love the spice rack. I hate having to salt my own food at a restaurant because it's under-seasoned.

Rory made me mad when she was being a smart ass while she was in her role as a floor reporter. I didn't want her getting kicked off just because of sarcasm -- her food is too good for that.

How utterly cool was it that Cat and Bobby freaking Flay were the judges? I love me some Bobby.

I can't wait to see next week's episode! GO RORY!!!!

July 09, 2007  
Blogger h said...

I share your prediction and fondness for Rory. Forgot to mention the chicken versus sea bass issue at my blog.

Twas in my notes. Dang.

as

July 09, 2007  
Blogger Chillable said...

I think either Rory or Amy would be a fine host of a show, but Jag--man, that guy is such a phony. I don't know whether the fake crying or 'heartfelt' sympathies for our troops was worse.
But honestly, I don't think ANY of the ideas for their shows are very interesting. I've got a great concept for one, though, so if any of you FN producers are reading this, Chillable's your girl! ;)

July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm truly sorry Rory didn't win and am from CA like Amy. Rory's cooking appealed to me much more and she won more competitions than Amy.The "shi shi" comments Amy made were a turn off. And I wonder if her wanting to quit at one time wasn't a ploy. I would never eat what she fixed on Rachael Ray's show. Ugh!! It'll be hard to watch her since I like Rory better.

July 22, 2007  
Blogger h said...

I won't be watching Fifi's show. I agree there's "more to her than meets the eye". But I think the hidden bits will turn out to be really really negative.


Rory has now come in second in TWO Reality TV series. Always the bridesmaid.

July 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I for one was glad Amy won. Rory seemed so darned sure she was going to win. And I think she was being a really bad sport by not at least trying to be as friendly to Amy as she was when she thought she was going to win!

July 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Amy won and I'll give her show a try. I wouldn't have watched Rory's show and definitely not Jag's. Texas BBQ has been done to death and come on "real food for real people," as opposed to what, "fake food for fake people?"
Jag's RR performance was making me dizzy but I guess that would appeal to the RR triple shot venti latte crowd.
Bill

July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home