BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.12.2007

Martini Bar or Bendistillery - Bend Oregon

Bendistillery Martini Bar

I can't quite tell what Bendistillery in the Old mill wants to call itself by looking at their site. Everyone I know refers to it as the Old Mill Martini Bar or just the martini bar.

"Meet me at the martini bar for a drink"
"Old Mill"?
"Yup"

Done. The wife and I went to see a movie but had a long time before our show started so we walked over for a drink and an bite. Since there was only one dessert item available that day, we went for the potatoes wrapped with bacon.


Mashed potatoes wrapped with bacon. I didn't like it. The bacon was difficult to slice through and made a mess with potatoes everywhere. It's tough for me to knock a dish with bacon on it but this wasn't good and I wouldn't get it again.

The wife sipped on a citrus infused mamma jamma that the waitress recommended that she take the straw and sip from the bottom and pull the straw to the top to get a little of everything in the first sip. She likey.


I enjoy gin. Bendistillery offers two and when I'm drinking a gin martini, I like to go with their Cascade Mountain Gin and a couple olives. Good stuff. I actually enjoy going there for a drink or two. Good stiff drinks, hot waitresses, and great outdoor seating while the sun sets.

The movie you ask? It was good but for the first five minutes of the movie and through the previews there was this annoyingly high pitch screeching that pierced our ears. The theater seems to have issues in some capacity every time we go. We just sigh and say "Bend".

Old Mill Martini Bar
360 SW Powerhouse Dr
Bend, OR 97702
(541) 585-1011
http://www.bendistillery.com/

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Ya gotta love the Lemon Drop, as cliche as that sounds. Watch out for their hummus, though. It's got so much garlic (yes, there can be too much of a good thing) that it burned my tongue. Then you're sweating it for days!

July 12, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

As much as I like the Lemon Drop, I loooove the Grapes of Wrath.

Now I am thirsty!

Wut, they have food too? I never noticed! ;)

July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having heard that the Old Mill Martini Bar is under new ownership I decided to give it a try. Wow have things changed. I didn't see any real changes to the interior but the vibe was completely different. The staff was friendly and told us the story of how Bendistillery, after having sold it a year ago, took the restaurant back just this week.


The food was awesome and I didn't see anything on the menu for more than about $15. The cocktail list looked like all of the favorites from the Martini Bar downtown plus some new stuff. I tried the D'Ajou 75. It was one of the best cocktails I have ever had (and I usually hate gin).


Our waitress said they are planning on re-opening the 3rd Floor too.

December 05, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

So Mathew the new general manager has really turned the Old Mill into something creative and amazing! Thanks a lot Matty, and thanks bigtime for the personal touch you put on things when taking time to walk me through all of your wonderful infusions!

I honestly couldn't decide on a favorite infusion you tasted me on because they were all so amazing. I usually use a simple test when deciding on how much I like something, i.e. A movie, would I watch it again. With these infusions I would honestly love to drink all of them again. Oh p.s. I'm looking forward to seeing all the different ways you can use your local tequila not only in the bar but in the kitchen.

February 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home