BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.09.2007

Hola! for Breakfast?

Hola Bend Oregon

If you're stranded way out on the East side of Bend and need some breakfast, where do you go? Starting this weekend Hola will serve breakfast. I'd recommend calling to confirm just in case they are postponing a week or so.

The wife and I were doing a little shopping on the East side of town and thought we'd get ourselves an early beverage. But then we realized we were on the East side. What do you guys do over there? I was lost, parched, confused, and the sun was in my eyes.

So we decided to get a margarita at Hola!. We had enjoyed our first experience there and so we thought we'd check it out again. We were pleased with the drinks as well as with the chips and salsa. I noticed that they do not offer the rolls along with the chips anymore. I asked about it and they said that they were throwing more than 80% of them out cause no one was eating them.

Marcus, one of the owners, told us about the plans for breakfast so hopefully that will be a treat for you guys. Some folks have commented on my other Hola post about the decline in service and the portion sizes. I'd like to hear from others if they are noticing the same thing. We didn't eat that day, just got our drink on.



Hola!
2670 NE Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701
541 389 4652
Open 7 days a week 11am to 10pm - Dinner Menu after 4pm
http://www.holabend.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Breakfast is easy: if I wanna stay on the Eastside it's either Palmer's or the Breakfast Club.

For drinks? We go to the Reed Pub. But our two favorite bartenders just left and started working at the Westside. Sigh.

Cibelli's East is another good place for a beer (with 'za), and the cantina at El Cap East has lovely margaritas.

Little known fact: they still allow Eastsiders into downtown and the Old Mill. But I hear that soon they may begin to require proof of address to enter those areas (Westsiders and tourists only).

July 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pilot Butte Drive-In for breakfast!!! Their heuvos rancheros is almost ridiculously portioned (weighing in at almost 6 pounds in its to-go container) and is really, really good.

I also enjoy Jake's - did you see the size of the pancake on their blog the other day? Silly, I tell you!

For drinks, I like margs at El Cap on the Eastside. I've never tried their stranger versions, though, like Peanut flavored.

July 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puerto Allegre also has excellent drinks--they'll leave you on your lips.

July 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't throwing breakfast into the mix just that last sign of desperation before throwing in the towel. After the dismal meal and service (1 hour and 15 minutes for lunch, with a dried up entree salad) I hope they give someone with the chops to make that location work well a chance. I say Adios to Hola!

July 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home