BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.11.2007

Dandy's Drive-In - Bend Oregon

Dandy's Drive-In

Now the photos of a Grand Dandy (sans tomato) that you will see below are not the sexiest photos. But Dandy's Drive-In has one of the best burgers in Bend and I had to have one.

If you go to Dandy's Drive-In and you're driving your F25000 Diesel Mac Truck Hemi 2x4 V89, do me a favor and shut your stupid engine off. People like to have their windows down but no, you need to keep your nasty engine running right next to me for 15 minutes while you chit chat on your old cellular telephone while waiting for your chocolate malt to take back to your double wide. I don't like you.
But I do like the Grand Dandy.

Like I said, not the sexiest photos but damn these burgers are good. Their everything you want from a burger. Juicy, thick, I'm pretty sure there's butter in the patty, and yet the bun stays nice and dry. The Grand Dandy has bacon (of course) which is thick and meaty.

Get the large fry for twenty cents more and when you do, make sure you get some extra special sauce. It's especially delicious.


I would recommend that you call your order in ahead unless you have a good 15-20 minute wait or more if you arrive during a peak lunch or dinner rush. I'm not a fan of eating in my car. Not only do I not enjoy watching the other patrons munching on their food but I like to wash my hands before I eat and especially after money has changed hands. Money is nasty, your hands are dirty, wash your nasty dirty hands.

I didn't mention anything about tipping rollerskating waitresses in my Restaurant Tipping Guide. I do tip a dollar or two when I visit at Dandy's. They ARE on roller skates after all.

Dandy's Drive-In
1334 Ne 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-6141

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

Dandy's is a cool place. I don't see why you wouldn't tip the waitresses. They take your order, they bring your food, they're entertaining... ;)

July 11, 2007  
Blogger Arlene M. Spencer said...

I'm a fishwich fan (I know...I know...an acquired taste to some). Dandy's is delicious. I like their burgers, too - but sometime I think...hmmm...Gorton's Fisherman...Business 97...sandwich format...you know, like you have before, too - and I go get one.

I've never been disappointed, and roller skates are cooler than a yellow slicker.

July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best burgers in the country, I.M.O.

I live on the east coast now, and make sure to stop at Dandy's (as many times as possible) every time I take a trip home.

And yes, calling ahead is a necessity. It took me several years before I thought of that, and it definitely pays off, because I too like to wash my hands, and put all the deliciousness on an actual plate before diving in.

June 20, 2008  
Blogger Jen Rockwell said...

I used to live in Bend about 10 years ago. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and am CRAVING a Dandy's burger. I live in Sacramento, CA currently and am seriously considering a trip back to Bend just for a Dandy's burger. YUM! Pregnant or not, Dandy's has one of the best burgers I've ever tasted. Baba's & TG's is also VERY GOOD!!

October 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know sometimes Dandy's leaves their phone off the hook at lunchtime so you can't always call your order in. I think they spent too much time on the phone.

Some relatives of mine have owned Dandy's since 1981.

July 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home