BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.27.2007

The Grove is Closing July 7th

The Grove will close July 7th

According to the Source Weekly:

"Erica Reilly, co-owner of The Grove, confirmed rumors this afternoon that the longtime epicenter of downtown Bend's club scene will close to the public on Saturday, July 7."

Sorry Keeneye, I know we had a deal that I'd review the Grove instead of sending Whitey the half full meal card but I am not sure if I want to go there now that they are closing. I mean, wont they run out of stuff and phone in the service? I mean why try that hard when you know your job is over in a week?

Maybe I'll get out there before they close to live up to my end of the bargain.

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Chillable said...

Woah, this is tragic news---the Grove is one of the only decent live music venues in town, and certainly the only one that gets good west coast DJs (or ANY electronic acts, for that matter). And their chimichurri flank steak wasn't half bad, either. Bummer.

June 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am not sure if I want to go there now that they are closing. I mean, wont they run out of stuff and phone in the service? I mean why try that hard when you know your job is over in a week?"

LOL. Couldn't be more wrong. At a family run restaurant with a staff like ours ... it's more than a job. We'll be having many good times in the last 2 weeks, don't fear stopping by a last time. :)

Chillable ... we'll be bringing good stuff soon enough. Just time for a little break. Peace out for now!

Chris / Grove

June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer. I've always said that their food was some of the best in Bend, and their service was top notch.

And the MOJITOS were out of this world!

June 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home