BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.25.2007

Chan's Chinese Restaurant - Bend Oregon

Chan’s Chinese Restaurant

We finally gave Chan’s a try since Szechuan is no longer an option for us and Double Happiness has moved out East. The wife was running a bit late so I got the sampler appetizer. Most of the dish was as good as expected, the BBQ pork, the prawns, the egg rolls were all just fine. Now this little nugget wrapped in the foil was not so good. I have no idea what paper wrapped chicken is supposed to look like but paper and aluminum foil are not the same...are they? I did not like it. I do not recommend that stuff.



When the wife arrived we ordered the Calamari. Not good. The breading was oily and lacked flavor. It was described as salt and pepper calamari but I think it could have used more salt and less pepper. The squid was rubbery and tough. 0-2 there Chan’s.



The twice cooked pork, the mandarin chicken, and the beer were all great and we had enough leftovers for a couple meals. The hot and sour soup was also ok, I liked Szechuan’s better but, then again, there was that one time.




So if you have a large group to feed, or are in the need for some average Chinese food, Chan's is for you. I need to go back to Double Happiness again.

Chan's Chinese Restaurant
1005 SE 3rd Street
Bend Oregon 97702
http://www.chanschinese.com/

Labels: , , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Hong Kong is the family favorite for Chinese right now. (That is, unless you count the China Sun buffet, which I don't!)

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Yep, Chan's is too greasy and bland for me.Hong Kong's Hunan Chicken rocks - their Thai menu is really good, too. Haven't been to Double Happiness yet.

June 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never a fan of Chan's. Red Dragon has the best Ma Po dishes if you like it spicy (and I do). They also have great service.

June 25, 2007  
Blogger deadgopher said...

Nothing... NOTHING... beats the Double H.

June 26, 2007  
Blogger The Real Mother Hen said...

Coming from a Southeast Asian, I think Double H is way too salty - that is after I spoke perfect mandarin to them and requesting the food NOT be to salty!

Have yet to try Cindy's. Heard much about it, so will give it a try soon!

June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double Sadness, you mean. Ate there once.

Once.

June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Chan's is not tasty and if you could see their kitchen you would run screaming! I will disagree with the Hong Kong evaluations, 'cuz any native knows you NEVER eat at Hong Kong unless you like food poisoning! My Husband was unaware and ordered from there. We spent the night with four children vomiting! Red Dragon does have very good food. Would never go back to China Sun, instead try King Buffet they are very good and have wonderful people!

February 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta step up for Chan's, since y'all are rocking them worse than David Ortiz on a Yankee Stadium visit.

I have 3 words for you. Peanut. Effing. Chicken.

You go there for lunch, pay a little more than you would for yer foofy-ass half-caff mocha frap, and you are treated with an amount of savory chicken, peanuts, and vegies that is not possible to eat in one sitting.

As for the kitchen...well, I don't imagine I'd like to see the kitchen of just about any of my favorite restaurants.

But anyplace that consistently gives me a huge plate of food with consistent quality for <$6 will continue to get my business.

Now if I could just get the other customers to figure out how to use the freaking vibrate feature on their phone, I'd like the place even more.

July 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home