BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.03.2006

Olde Towne Pizza Co - Calzone

If you enjoy a good Calzone, you have to try the Calzone's at Olde Towne Pizza Company. An Olde Towne calzone starts with a hand thrown crust, then they pile on the cheese, add sauce, and your favorite toppings, wrap, bake. They'll usually ask you if you want garlic and herbs. Just say "yes please". This is a regular:

Yeah, that's a 12" pizza pan. You can get your specialty ones or make your own. I make my own cause you can't tell me what to do. Starting at $3.95 with just cheese I add some meat and a couple "vegetables" and I'm sitting pretty at $5.95 with what you see above.

The other size is "Huge". No really, that's the name of the other size. It's 96 oz and if you eat all of it in one sitting, everyone at your table eats for free. Don't forget the grizzle.

After a couple of bites I realized I was in over my head. I ended up cutting off most of the crust and just eating all the goods. Their Calzone's are freakin delicious.

If you're in a rush, make sure you call ahead cause a calzone can take about 20 minutes. So for less than the price of a Red Cactus you can have a calzone bigger than your mom's face. Oh SNAP no he DI INT!

Yeah he did.

Olde Towne Pizza Company
118 NW Greenwood Ave
Bend Oregon 97701
541-318-9018

(Note: There is not a 96 oz calzone that if eaten every one eats for free deal ... but there should be)


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

Hmm... haven't had the best of luck with their calzone's. But I am biased and despite the high price of gas continue to drive to REDMOND (sigh) just to get a calzone from Geno's.

Have you ever tried Little Pizza Paradise (corner of Butler Market and 27th) or Bruno's (off Revere, just east of the Albertson's)?

August 14, 2006  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Hi Jen, I am curious about your bad luck at Olde Towne.

If I'm ever in Redmond and looking for food, I'll check out Geno's.

I have yet to try either Little Pizza Paradise (haha lil' p p - say it outloud, it's funny) or Bruno's. I've heard great things about Bruno's though and can't wait to get over there.

-BOR

August 14, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Olde Towne - overcooked food, wrong toppings... lots of little annoying things that I just don't have the patience for. ;)

Bruno's is great - he has a great sense of humor and the pizzas are delectable. They are never shy with the toppings and can make pretty much whatever you want. My favorite is the Buffalo Chicken.

August 15, 2006  
Blogger Salem Man said...

I usually go to that pizza place on Wall Street downtown across from Starbucks. It has really good pizza. The service is a little slow but if I'm there, I'm not in a hurry.

September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home