BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.25.2006

SOBA - Downtown Bend Oregon

SOBA Asian Bistro

I am a fan of SOBA especially the Downtown Bend location. Actually, I have only been to the downtown Bend location but I highly recommend it. They give generous portions and it's quite quick, when there isn't a huge line. Jess and Rose (who no longer work there as I update this post) are awesome, helpful, and friendly. I swear they are always working so you'll probably see them.

One of my favorite dishes is the Chicken Phad Thai.



I apologize for the to go box photo. I'll update the photo's the next time around. I normally will ask for extra peanut sauce which really makes a big difference. As I've said before, "George likes his chicken spicy" so I recommend getting some of that red sauce that's hot as balls. Some call it rooster sauce, some cock sauce, I just call it Asian hot sauce.

This phad thai is the best in Bend. Those suckers that sweat Toomies are just that, suckers. I like the Chicken Red Curry at Toomies, but their phad thai is like spaghetti with a peanut sauce and wayyyy too oily. Toomies does have some good stuff, don't get me wrong, I'm just bashing their oily peanut spaghetti.

If I don't get the phad thai, I also enjoy the Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup. The soup comes with a ton of vegetables and I love the glass noodles. It was too hot today for soup.

The wife likes to mix it up which is normal. Today she went with the Tonkatsu with the Curry sauce. The photo doesn't do it justice, this dish is gooood. The crispy Tonkatsu (breaded and fried pork cutlet) mixed with a little curry sauce was a great combo. I know you can't see it but it's served over white rice.


SOBA Asian Bistro
945 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701
Ph: 541.318.1535
http://www.eatsoba.com/

Other reviews of SOBA:

SOBA Crouching Tiger Hidden Noodle

Labels: , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Blogger Jen said...

I don't know if you have been to SOBA lately. I used to be a huge fan but YEUCH they have gone downhill. Our food has been really overcooked, and the noodles are nothing but gooey lumps of tasteless carbs now.

Really too bad. :(

June 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home