BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

7.19.2006

Bend Fish Company - Bend Oregon

Bend Fish Company

Today we finally made it to Bend Fish Company for lunch. I've heard nothing but good things about the fish tacos. When we got there we ran into a friend who said that she has heard that the fish tacos were good. When we went up to the cashier to place our order, he said that everyone gets the fish tacos. So of course the wife goes first and guess what she gets? Yup, the Poki Tuna and the Thai This salad. I love her.

Thai This pasta salad - Bend Fish Company : Bend Oregon On the left, Thai This ($7.95) - Lime Prawns, Angel Hair Pasta, Shredded Vegetables, and Spicy Peanut Dressing. On the right, Poki Tuna ($5.95) - Raw Ahi, Shredded Vegetables, and Spicy Asian Dressing.

Both of these were delicious. The wife likes her vegetables and there were plenty. I enjoyed the Ahi, bites of her pasta, and stealing shrimp when she went refill her Arnold Palmer. All in all, a good meal.

My turn...Fish Tacos.

Fish Tacos - Bend Fish Company : Bend Oregon Fish Taco Plate ($7.50) - Fish...Tortillas....Plate. There was a mound of the chunkiest salsa I have ever seen on each, some shredded cabbagge, pretty sure some cilantro, and Cotija (it's a cheese) sprinkled on top.

Anyway, they were delicious with some Chahula hot sauce. Delicious without but "George likes his chicken spicy". Apparently you can get the fish grilled and not fried. If I get the fish tacos again, I will go grilled.

All in all, good lunch. I thought it was a bit on the spendy side but the portions were pretty damn good and the quality was there to back it up. We both agreed that we are going to try the Fish and Chips next time. You get to pick the fish, slaw, and tartars. Sounds like a challenge to me.

So if you get a chance to check out the Bend Fish Company, I'll go ahead and recommend the Fish and Chips...screw everyone else and their fish taco loving faces (but they are good).

Bend Fish Company
212 NE Revere
Bend, OR 97701
541-330-6131
http://www.centormall.com/Bend_Fish_Company/index.htm

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger dkgoodman said...

My wife loves fish. But do they have anything for freaks like me who don't like seafood?

May 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had dinner at Bend Fish Company (9/3/07). It was really poor food and the service was indifferent. The dressings totally overpowered the fish. The Merlot was terrible; even for $6. The place was dirty and the tables needed wiping. Highly NOT recommended.

September 03, 2007  
Blogger Little Things said...

Went to the BFC last night - we had two orders of halibut & chips, one of oysters and chips, a bowl of the chorizo & clam chowder, and some calimari. Everything was yummy, service was fast and friendly. I'd recommend it.

And Dave, I don't think there's anything there for those who don't do seafood. Even my friend who doesn't "do seafood" likes fried halibut.

rvluke, too bad you had a bad experience. I'd give 'em a second try.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger Starry Designs said...

I just ate there and I absolutely love it. I had the cod fish and chips, with poppy seed slaw. I chose Tokyo and Cajun tartar sauce. I loved both.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger Billyboy said...

Bend Fish has a Sushi Bar for those of you who didn't know. My wife and I tried it and really like it. Reasonable prices and great quality. The young man who prepared the sushi was awesome. Low key atmosphere was very welcome and everyone was highly amiable. We've tried lots of other dishes here and like them all. What an assortment of seafood choices for Fish & Chips. YUMMY!

August 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home