BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.22.2010

Cafe 3456 - Bend Oregon

Cafe 3456

Cafe 3456, located out at the BEND airport, is well worth the trip out East. If you live on the east side, you have no excuse to not drive over. I want to emphasize that Cafe 3456 is at the BEND airport since every person that I've talked to seems to hear airport and assume Redmond. Even when I say Bend airport, they get Redmond airport stuck in their head.

My first trip to Cafe 3456 was for lunch and after looking over the menu, I had to go for the Yak Burger. Yup, Yak. They offer Elk, Bison, Yak, Antelope, and Beef burgers. When I'm given the opportunity to eat something that I can't normally get anywhere else, I'll go for it.

It used to not be that way for me. I used to go to El Caporal and get the chicken enchiladas every time. Or Bend Brewing Company for the BBQ Turkey of focaccia. Just the same places for the same dishes. Ever since writing this blog I've branched out to try new stuff and really have enjoyed it. So I went for the Yak burger - $9.


The Yak was very meaty, not fatty and not too juicy really but great meaty flavor/consistency. I'd get it again if it wasn't for the other burger options. I mean, with all the great choices on the menu, the burger might not make it into rotation for a long time. Great burger and fries.

On my next visit I took the Wife for breakfast. I went for the Monte Cristo - Brioche with Ham, Turkey and Cheese. Battered and served with Cranberry Port Jam.


Very pleased to see that the Monte Cristo was actually battered on all sides instead of just being a few slices of French Toast and then called a Monte. Quality wise the Monte Cristo at Cafe 3456 is very good, I just wish there was more Turkey and Ham. It seemed very light on my sandwich. If there was a little more meat, I'd recommend it but for right now, I would pass.

The table next to us had this huge cast iron skillet with what looked like a pancake covering the entire bottom. The Wife asked what it was and then proceeded to order it, the Dutch Baby - Oven Baked Egg Souffle with Apples (for only like $7.50!)


The Dutch Baby is awesome and everyone should get one. The only down side to it is the temperature. That thing was like a fruit lava. It took forever to cool down to an acceptable eating level and we kept burning our mouths trying to force it too soon. But it was so good we couldn't resist.

Cafe 3456
http://www.cafe3456.com/
63136 Powell Butte Highway
Bend, OR 97701-7906
(541) 318-8989

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Karen said...

I am definitely going there for lunch one day this week. Food looks great and the prices are reasonable. Also, I notice on the cafe3456 website that they don't take cash. Even better, as I never carry it!

February 22, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your review and had to try it. Ate there last Sunday. The food is AMAZING. Loved the Yak burger and the sweet potato fries. And I must say the owners and employees are very friendly and laid back. Can't wait to go back again.

March 10, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not a dutch baby. Atleast not a good one. A dutch baby should climb all the way up the side of the pan. And if you get it really right out the top. That baby hardley even gets past the pancake stage.

March 13, 2010  
Anonymous Grunniens Yak Ranch said...

Thanks for help get the word out about yak burger and yak meat. It is great to see it showing up around the country!

August 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home