BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.13.2007

El Caporal - Bend Oregon

El Caporal - Bend Oregon

It has been a while since I mentioned El Caporal West. For Bend Oregon Mexican restaurants, I honestly don't think it gets any better than El Caporal in Downtown Bend.

Is El Caporal the best Mexican restaurant in Bend serving up the most authentic Mexican Cuisine available? Probably not. But for the friendly and speedy service, the kid friendly environment, the huge portions, not to mention the BEST CHIPS AND SALSA IN BEND OREGON, I'd say it's worth the visit.

When I'm looking for a quick lunch I could try to go to many places for something served in a plastic basket or on a paper plate or in a to-go bag. Or for only $8 I could have all the chips and salsa I could take, free refills on water, and a huge chicken burrito covered with cheese and enchilada sauce served with beans and rice at El Caporal...yeah, I'll take that in a heartbeat.


I honestly believe that this is one of the best deals in Downtown Bend Oregon.

El Caporal West
744 NW Bond Street
Downtown Bend, Oregon
541-322-8916

Labels: , , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love their seafood chimichanga. It's got generous portions of scallops, shrimp, and even crab meat in it, and this cheesy-white parmesan stle sauce over it. We would always split it, though, because it's too big to eat by yourself, and it's nasty as a leftover meal the next day. Microwaved scallops. Yuck.

I agree with you about the best chips and salsa, too, although I do like the chipotle flavor at La Rosa.

June 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think El Caporal is hands down the best Mexican Food, but also has the best service. We go to EC West just to see Gustavo - he is definitely one cool amigo! Oh yeah...and the chips, salsa and cabbage...definitely #1 in Bend!

February 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kiddin' me. After reading the comments on this blog I decided to take the family to El Caporal. It looked like the pickings were slim in Bend. Really a surprise. The line was to long at La Rosa, the only place that sounded good.
El Caporal is the most boring mexican food we've ever tasted.
" Best chips and salsa"?? Salsa was fine the chips were the cheapest you could get from the grocery store. Cabbage salsa was fair but no good.
My wife the Nacho Expert ordered the Large Nacho. Large, served on a small dinner plate....for $7.95!
All the other meals, Tacos, Enchiladas, etc. were very bland.
Like this blog, but have to remember that everyone has their own opinion. This was mine.

February 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats funny is i worked at el caporal and the chips arent from a grocery store!! we actually have our tortilla lady make fresh corn tortillas which we then cut into 1/4 peices and deep fry our own chips!

April 07, 2008  
Blogger mrscamacho said...

We went to El Caporal tonight and they are now serving a little saucer of refried beans with their chips and salsa!!!!!! I didn't think the chips were phenomenal or anything, but who cares when you have salsa AND beans to dip them in?!

I had the tortilla soup which was simply to die for.

August 01, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola and La Rosa are ten times better than El Caporal. They are also more expensive.

March 31, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home