BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.22.2010

Taco Bell - Beefy 5 Layer Burrito

Beefy 5 Layer Burrito

Well I didn't even make it a full year since my last visit to Taco Bell. But that Beefy 5 Layer Burrito just looked too good to pass up. I know I should never EVER look at fast food or chain restaurant commercials and think "that looks good" because it NEVER looks like it does on TV or on the menu.

Seriously, why do restaurants put photos of their dishes on their menu's? The only restaurants that can get away with this are Asian restaurants. When I'm looking over a menu and see Gai Prig Prow, Mar Far Chicken, Moo Goo Guy Pan, or Hamachi Kama, I, like my fellow white brethren, have no idea what we're ordering. Asian restaurants get a pass. Everyone else, I know what chicken wings, burgers, burritos and so on look like. If you show me:


Don't deliver this piece of shit:


Taco Bell's photo looks sooooo good. For ONLY $0.89 you get beans, beef, sour cream, shredded cheese, and a secret layer of NACHO cheese. Nacho CHEESE!! That's like when Pizza Hut brilliantly put cheese in the crust and everyone freaked out. Anytime you can stuff more cheese into anything...DO IT.

What pisses me off is that I should have known better. I mean I know that anything I get is NOT going to look like the photo or what I see on TV. But I noticed a menu item called the Cheese Roll-Up - "A warm, soft flour tortilla rolled up with a blend of three real cheeses and melted to perfection." TO PERFECTION!!! I make this appetizer in my microwave and will melt the cheese to perfection every time. It's not rocket surgery.

The Cheese Roll-Up is $0.79. The Beefy 5 Layer Burrito is only TEN CENTS MORE. To add Beans, beef, sour cream, and nacho cheese is only TEN CENTS more. I'm confused. Even a soft taco is $1.29 and it is a smaller tortilla, beef, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and some effing lettuce. I get two more ingredients on this burrito and SAVE money! I should have known. You won this round Taco Bell. Damn you.

You Midwest transplants are going to comment something stupid like "But BOR, how can you bash on great restaurants like Olive Garden and Applebees and yet you'll eat at Taco Bell?"

Well my nascar lovin friend, I am willing to waste $0.89 on a nasty ass burrito knowing what I'm getting into. Taco Bell is gross. We all know that. What I don't like doing is paying $15 and up for an entree of nasty ass burritos or the Italian/Australian wanna be equivalent. I don't like wasting my money on an overpriced deep fried onion or "the best" salad and bread sticks followed by mediocre pasta bowls.

$0.89 for a burrito is worth the risk and gives me something to write about.

Taco Bell
1104 NE 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 389-5179

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Prineville Princess said...

Well said....

FYI, Prineville doesn't even have a Taco Bell.

January 22, 2010  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

ummm... you get what you pay for?

January 22, 2010  
Blogger mrscamacho said...

Hey now! I'm a Midwest transplant who HATES Olive Garden and has never been to Applebees. (and my secret shame is T-bell.)

But this is where we ate in Nebraska, and nothing in Bend can even touch the quality of food and atmosphere. It's worth making the trip to Lincoln just for b&c!

January 22, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are you doing a review of Taco Bell? you do realize that they have them everywhere (except apparently Prineville) ?

January 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home