BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.16.2010

Trattoria Sbandati

Trattoria Sbandati

Our first trip to Trattoria Sbandati was absolutely fabulous. We've gone for lunch twice and for dinner three more times since then. I feel fortunate in my life that I've been able to go this many times. Lucky for me, a couple of those dinners were paid for by our guests. The best way to dine out is on someone else's dime!

I love that we have Trattoria Sbandati in Bend - a great dining experience that we can feel great about taking our visiting family and friends to. We've attended four dinners and every single one was incredible.

Trattoria Sbandati runs one seating per night and offers a prix fixe menu that changes weekly. For $50 you get a four course meal with wine pairings included. In my opinion, four courses with four (half) glasses of wine perfectly matched with each course is a phenomenal deal.

Here's the run down on Saturday night followed by a quick note on Trattoria Sbandati's lunch.

Sformato alla Gorgonzola
Mini frittata made with gorgonzola cheese


This little morsel just pissed me off. It was sooo good yet only just a taster to wet the appetite. Rest assured that by the end of the meal, I was full. But I could have polished off a half dozen of those lil bastards easily. Cheesy goodness!

Ribollita
A traditional Tuscan winter bread stew made with cannellini beans, kale, thyme and other vegetables


When I first read the menu I was sort of thinking "blah, bread stew, who cares." But man, that stew was awesome. Not a bite left in any bowl I saw and I thought it was quite a hearty portion. Juri uses day old bread and continues to add it to the stew until he gets that thickness that he wants. It was perfect and that touch of Kale was a nice added touch.

Maiale in Crosta di Pane
Pork tenderloin encrusted in a baguette and bacon and drizzled with a port wine reduction


During Juri's Italian Cooking School that I attended, he taught me how to make this main course. Mine didn't come out as great as his always does. The pork is wrapped in a baguette and then wrapped with pork caul fat. The pork came out super tender and very juicy. The bread is like a pretzel and gives you that crunch that you need on a dish like this. So good.

D O L C I / D E S S E R T S
Mousse al Limone.
Lemon mousse don in the Italian style made with fresh lemons.


Ahh the lemon mousse. Last time it was too tart for me and this time it didn't seem as tart. I still passed it off to the Wife.

Lunch at Trattoria Sbandati
I've gone to lunch a couple of times. I believe they are open for lunch Tues - Fri. The first time I went I had the Meatball sandwich made with Juri's home made meat balls.


I can honestly saw that I have not had a better meatball in any restaurant, ever. I couldn't pick this sucker up and eat it like a real sandwich. I ended up going with the knife and fork as it was too big to manhandle. If you go for lunch, I HIGHLY recommend getting the meatball sandwich.

On another trip for lunch I went with a pasta dish off the specials board. It was good, I don't exactly remember all that was included but I remember being hungry after. It might have been enough for some of the ladies but I needed more. I have only been to Trattoria Sbandati for lunch these two times so I don't know about the other menu items. I'd get the meatball sandwich in a heartbeat though.



Trattoria Sbandati
1444 N.W. College Way
Bend, Oregon
541-306-6825
http://www.trattoriasbandati.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Shannon said...

That ribolita is awesome. If I would have known, I would have gotten a sitter and went there JUST for the ribolita.

February 16, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home