BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.14.2009

Port of Subs - Bend Oregon

Port of Subs

Port of Subs, located off Empire near KOHD and a building that has a huge red sign that reads "KARATE", is your run of the mill sub shop. When we were walking in my friend says "Karate" and I'm all looking around like a turd until I see the huge sign. I wonder what goes on in there. Maybe they sell soup.

I knew nothing about the Port of Subs other than hearing their ads on ESPN Radio while I shower, listening to Colin Cowherd give me the low down the day's sports news/drama, and nurse my hangover. So a couple friend and I fill up the gas tank and make the long drive out to Empire and visit the Port of Subs for lunch. Looking over the menu I quickly decide on the fast ball...good ol' number 1 - Ham, Salami, Capicolla, Pepperoni, and Provolone. No brainer.

Instantly the friendly sub sandwich artists fly into action and begin slicing up the cheese and meats on their deli slicer. Apparently this is the gimmick for Port of Subs to make them different than chains like Subway but not different than almost any deli. Freshly sliced meat. Mmmm boy what a difference. Actually, I'm not sure if it really is a difference or not. I think it's a ploy. That's how THEY get you. Its the establishment my friends.

After getting my meat stacked on a foot long log of sour dough, I get my toppings in the normal fashion and pay around $9.50 for the footlong, chips and 32 ounce soda. I think $9.50 gets you a refill at NY Sub Shop.


I made a mistake on the sour dough. It was way too heavy for that long of a sub. I couldn't finish. I should have gone with white or wheat (the only other two options). I just got so excited about sour dough. I don't often hear that as an option on a sub and now I know why.

Port of Subs makes a better sandwich than Subway and Quizno's in my opinion but holds nothing on a good sandwich shop like the Downtowner or (RIP) Speedshop. I would eat at the Port of Subs again out of convenience but honestly, its not convenient for me.

Port of Subs
www.portofsubs.com
63056 Lower Meadow Dr
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 388-1580

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you saying the Speedshop is gone for ever?

January 14, 2009  
Blogger Jen F said...

So... Speedshop is really gone? I guess I was holding out hope that it was just a hiatus. :-(

January 14, 2009  
Anonymous Port of Subs said...

Refills on soda? Free refills are standard anytime you dine in at Port of Subs. Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. We'll see you again soon.

August 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home