BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.30.2009

The Downtowner - Bend Oregon

The Downtowner

It has been a long time since I have written about The Downtowner. With the Speedshop gone, I think the title of Best Sandwich goes to The Downtowner. I do like the food there, I just don't like the seating situation which I've documented many times.

Well, they have ditched the over sized tables but it is still cramped in there. I get annoyed seeing the single diners taking up an entire table. I'd like to see community style tables or a better bar situation for the single diners. Tables are for groups. Take your solo ass back to your office and eat.

A friend and I had lunch at the Downtowner recently and I went for the Club, house style. House style means they put on some of Mom's homemade mustard. A secret recipe that resembles Hickory Farms Sweet Hot mustard.



Oh man! What a meal. I couldn't finish all four sections. Soooo good! The only thing I wish it had was a little avocado. It may be too much though as each bite was quite a mouthful. This is my winter favorite Club since Krista's is closed for the season.

I can't think of a better sandwich shop in Bend. The Downtowner is coming correct.

The Downtowner
852 Brooks Street
In the breezeway in downtown Bend
Free downtown delivery
(541) 388-2467

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

9What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Couldn't finish..." Oh dear, oh dear. Take off the dress BOR, and bring your A game next time. ;)

January 30, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried the "Catalina?" That's my fav.

January 30, 2009  
Blogger Keeneye said...

$$$ ???

January 30, 2009  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

I have tried the Catalina club and it is yummy.

Keeneye - I believe I paid $9 for the club.

January 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback! Things have been up and down since we opened The Summit, but John and I feel that The Downtowner is back on track now. I agree that we need a larger dining room and we are quietly seeking an upgrade. Next time try a hot sandwich like the Spalding or Tenacious sub.

January 30, 2009  
Blogger Write up your alley said...

Even though I had to unhinge my jaw to eat it, I loved this sandwich.

January 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of those "single table takers". When the restraunt gets crowded people share tables. It requires having the gutts to ask the single at the table. Just like community tables only it takes actual proactive effort on your part to ask. If you want a table you can call all yours might I suggest one of the dozens of over priced restraunts in town.

January 31, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Downtowner, but I am still bummed they no longer serve their chips. That is part of what made the sandwhich so good!

April 23, 2009  
Blogger Kato said...

I always read your blog and refer to it when I can't decide on what to eat. But I should seriously pay you for writing about The Downtowner.

August 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home