BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.28.2009

Super Bowl @ Baldy's

Baldy's BBQ

Yesterday I posted on the Bend Oregon Restaurants blog, twitter, and facebook asking for info on where to get deals and eat on Super Bowl Sunday. A couple of comments came in but details are lacking. Then Baldy himself (Brian) contacted me and said he had a test run of the special Super Bowl Wings that he's serving on Sunday ready and invited me to pick some up.

Brian gets it. I like food. Give me free food and I'll write about it. Brilliant.

He sends me on my way with a sampling of the Super Bowl Special wings fresh out of the smoker. I take them home to the wife and to get some photos so you can drool over them and be jealous of me.

1/2 dozen wings - $2.50
1 dozen wings - $5
25 wings - $10
50 wings - $17.50





Seriously, he's giving them away! These aren't some chump ass Costco wings. They aren't breaded and deep fried only to get soggy by the time you get them home. No, these are just as big as Deschutes or BBC's but these are not fried, instead they are smoked to perfection. After he slathers on the Cat's Meow (spicy BBQ sauce) or his regular BBQ sauce, they damn near taste like the famous Baldy's ribs. Even the sauceless wings were amazing and packed with smokey goodness. What better way to prepare wings than smoking them? Unless you wrap them with bacon, I don't know.

The wife and I absolutely devoured the wings. These were the Best Wings I've Ever Had and that is no joke. I don't take wings lightly. I can't believe Baldy's is giving these suckers away for so little. I've already got plans for Super Bowl but after these wings, I'm ready to place the order for $50 to take with me.

Now, don't think I'm a sell out because I am sweating Baldy's wings right now. I have always liked his BBQ and all those times I paid for my meals. Just because he gave me free wings to help spread the word, doesn't mean I wouldn't judge them as if I had paid. I'm always honest when it comes to food. These wings are money and he's not asking enough for them.

Baldy's Barbeque
235 SW Century Dr
Bend, OR 97702
(541) 385-7427
385-Ribs

http://www.baldysbbq.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cheaper than KFC, and those wings do not cut it. BRAVO to Baldys! I posted another comment the other day and it never made it. Interesting.

January 28, 2009  
Blogger Keeneye said...

I'd like to know how he was able to get his wings so cheap.

No kidding.

Wings have the highest food-cost of ANY item on our menu....

in fact, just Google "Boycott wings pizzerias" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

These prices are ridiculously low. If I were in Bend, I'd buy them at these prices just to re-sell @ a higher cost.

January 28, 2009  
Blogger Write up your alley said...

Did you hear that there's a chicken-wing shortage ravaging America?

It's true - it was on The Colbert Report.

January 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home