BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.13.2008

Toomies - Bend Oregon

Toomies Thai Restaurant

I've written about Toomies quite a few times but this will be the first time with a good photo served on a plate vs a cell phone camera or a to-go order. I absolutely love Toomies for lunch. I've voted Toomies to be the Best Lunch in Bend Oregon and as long as they are the only meal in Downtown Bend for $5.95 I'll keep on voting them the best lunch.

I wanted to mention Toomies again since it is getting difficult to get a sit down lunch for under $6 in Downtown Bend and wanted to give them some props (urban slang for respect, whitey). With a few exceptions, most of the other restaurants downtown are fine dining and don't offer lunch. Sure you might be able to get something cheaper from one of the downtown street corner vendors serving up their rat burgers all Demolition Man style but even the gerbil wraps are over $8. (Note - I have no idea what the street vendors are serving and I doubt I'll ever find out)

Sure at Super Burrito you can get a burrito for under $6 but does it compare to the meal you get at Toomies? Thai salad, phad thai, rice, your selected dish, and normally an orange wedge even though I didn't get one this time, or a $5 burrito? The choice is obviously yours but for me, I'll take...


Here is my favorite quote from my past reviews:

"The best part of Bend, or Deschutes County for that matter, is that while restaurants offer the organic ingredients, their to go containers are (or can be) Styrofoam. Good thing you carry a nalgene to reduce waste but you look silly walking to your Hummer carrying your Toomies lunch meal deal in a Styrofoam box. Good going."

Toomies Thai Restaurant
119 NW Minnesota
Bend, OR 97701
541-388-5590

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

Love that Toomie's lunch! It is the best. But, since you brought up the subject... I was going to email and ask you to review the local street vendors. Have you eaten at any of them? What are they selling and who is the best? thanks, BOR.

June 13, 2008  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Hey LMAO - I have not tried any of the street vendors. I don't think I can support them even though I've done some street vending in my day. They don't have to pay rent and they get to swoop in and take business from the downtown restaurants. Mainly I worry about the cleanliness....where do they wash their hands?

Maybe I'll introduce myself, take a photo, ask a couple questions and report my findings. Just for you ROTFLMAOLOTFS.

-BOR

June 13, 2008  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

thx, borwilhao!

June 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me? Spork, Soupcon and other food carts are some of the best places to get food in Bend. Looks like you didn't keep at this blog very long? Hope anybody who checks in tries out Spork and Soupcon. m

August 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home