BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.02.2008

Pilot Butte Drive In - Bend Oregon

Pilot Butte Drive In

Pilot Butte Drive In has been voted Best Burger in Bend Oregon by all the magazines and newspapers for many years. I've had Pilot Butte burgers before and good luck finding a parking spot on Sunday. I like PB but my favorite burger is served up over at Dandy's. I recently realized that I've never written about Pilot Butte Drive In so the other day we swung by for some burgers.

The wife went all basic and got herself just a cheeseburger, tater tots, and a Pineapple Malt....weirdo. I don't even know where to begin on the pineapple malt. That's just wrong. She always gets tater tots when sh can. Tater tots are lame. I know that many of you are fans of the Tot buy I am not. I gave up tots when I graduated elementary school. French fries are better. Just accept it as I am always right.


I went for the Tavern - Grilled ham, bacon, swiss, cheddar cheese, and, "to raise your cholesterol", a fried egg with sauce, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickles. For $9.50 (comes with an order of fries), it is a damn fine burger. I like the ham and bacon with egg. Lately I have been loving combo dishes with multiple animals. Flesh is just soooo good.


I enjoyed the burger very much. It was one of the better burgers that I've had and it makes sense that Pilot Butte continues to be named best burger in Bend. I'm not converting away from my Dandy's burger just yet though.

For being only a 6 ounce patty, this is a huge meal. The burger was so big that they couldn't even close the top of the box it came in. I was hurting after and feeling guilty for finishing the whole thing. Makes me wonder if I should even attempt the 18 ounce Pilot Butte Burger for $15. It's only $5 more. I smell a challenge!

Pilot Butte Drive-In Restaurant
917 N.E. Greenwood Ave.
Bend, Oregon 97701
541-382-2972

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real challenge is the Pilot Butte Challenge duathalon, where you have to eat the big Pilot Butte Burger, fries and a shake and then run up Pilot Butte....without..you know...

http://www.tsweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1917&Itemid=45

For the burger itself, it's a little plain if you like the other gourmet burgers they have. I had it once (quite a while ago) and it is indeed huge and the last thing you feel like doing after eating it is anything besides rolling on the ground, grabbing your stomach.

June 02, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love PBDI but Dandy's is more bang for my buck. Need my Grand Dandy fix at least once a week ;)

June 02, 2008  
Blogger The Natives Are Restless said...

Dandy's...hands down. They have great tots (not on the menu board) and the best milkshakes in town, too.

June 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home