BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

6.20.2008

Blacksmith Restaurant = Beer

The Blacksmith Restaurant has been a favorite restaurant destination for me especially between 4:30 - 6pm for happy hour. Sporting the Best Happy Hour in Bend, the owners are continuing their quest to dominate my beer consumption with their Wednesday Beer tastings and the upcoming Beer dinner.

Beer Tastings - For $10 you get to sample beer and snack on unique appetizers from the kitchen. Robin pours you samples and will give you little nuggets of info about the brewery the beer came from, the type of beer it is and why he likes it. Robin is working his way to become one of only a few official Beer Snobs. I mean, beer Sommelier. He has a different name for it but after sampling the 6 beers this week, I couldn't remember.

Robin is actually really cool about his beer knowledge. He doesn't bore you with too much useless information about IBU numbers and shit. But he can if you want to know. I just want to drink it. If it tastes good to me, then that's all that really matters.

The kitchen brought out potato skins that were fried up as chips, sprinkled with crack, and melted cheese. You can't eat just one. First bowl is free, after that you'll be hanging out in the ally turning tricks just for a taste.

They also served up some Cod Balls. MMMMmmm Cod Balls are like the rocky mountain oysters of the sea. Actually they are merely deep fried cod mixed with mayo and other goodies served with tarter sauce. Very good and went very fast.

I really didn't want to write about the beer tastings at Blacksmith as I want to be selfish and not have to wait in line for my next sample. I also want to see how many cod balls I can stuff in my mouth at the same time. But, you really should give it a try.

Beer Dinner - Blacksmith and Deschutes Brewery team up on Tuesday, June 24 to create a five-course meal paired with five Deschutes brews. Mix and mingle starting at 6:00 p.m., then sit down to a gourmet meal at 6:30 with a Deschutes Brewer. $75 per person. RSVP: 541-318-0588

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

0What? Got something to say?

Post a Comment

<< Home