BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.26.2008

High Tides - Bend Oregon

High Tides - Bend Oregon

My first ever visit to High Tides restaurant in downtown Bend was just a couple of weeks ago. I like to consider myself on top of the restaurant scene in Bend but not going to High Tides until recently is almost a crime.

So some friends and I met up at High Tides for a quick lunch and were able to score the last table available in small restaurant. We all ordered different dishes off the menu and I, of course, went for the all deep fried option. Deep fried prawns, clams, scallops, and halibut with fries and slaw...done and done.


For everything being deep fried, it wasn't that heavy. The batter was light and everything was fried to perfection. I especially enjoyed the prawns and could have had a whole plate of just those. The fries had some Red Robin type seasoning on them which I loved.

The slaw was a bit thick with mayo which I'm not a fan of, and it wasn't deep fried so it had two strikes against it. All in all, I think High Tides is a great spot for a nice sit down lunch for an affordable price. I've heard that dinner is pretty much the same menu but twice the price. I don't like that but I've never been there for dinner so what do I know.

High Tides
1045 NW Bond St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 389-5244

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Blogger Kat said...

Your blog gave me a craving so I went to High Tides for lunch today. The review in the Bulletin said the Thai fish soup is really good so I tried it. Oh. My. God. It's just about the best soup ever. Next time I'm getting the bowl, not the cup. Soup + bread = happy girl.

March 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home