BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.04.2008

Zydeco Restaurant - Bend Oregon

Zydeco Restaurant

We made it back to Zydeco Kitchen and Cocktails to try out these Ribs that people keep telling me I have to try. In the Best Ribs in Bend Oregon 2007 post, I didn't even mention Zydeco because I've never tried their ribs. So I on this visit, I wanted to make sure to give them a shot.

I don't have a photo of my dinner, for some reason none of the shots came out. The photo of the wife's steak came out just fine.


Her steak was awesome! It couldn't have been any better. I was jealous. But back to the ribs. On the menu they are discribed as Barbecued Baby Back Ribs - slow-cooked with mashed potatoes & roasted vegetables. They only thing Barbecued about these ribs is the BBQ Sauce applied as they are thrown in the oven.

Now I don't know this for sure, but I'm willing to bet that these ribs never see a flame. They are delicious, don't get me wrong. But these ribs are slow cooked in a crock pot and finished in the oven. That is NOT barbecue. So my beef is just with them calling them Barbeque ribs.

The ribs were presented in sets of threes and stacked on top of each other. I used a fork to try and lift the top set off as they were covered in sauce. The bone was the only thing that came up off the plate and the meat stayed put. If tenderness is a big deal for you, it doesn't get any more tender than Zydeco's Ribs.

The ribs were delicious, super tender, and the sauce was good. We grubbed them up. Zydeco is damn good. I have not been disappointed yet. The service is great and the food comes out quickly and is prepared as requested. All around a great place.

Zydeco Kitchen and Cocktails
1085 SE 3rd st
Bend, OR
541-312-2899
http://www.zydecokitchen.com/

Labels: , , ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Shannon said...

I went their Saturday for my birthday and our appitzer had too much paprika, our vegetables were tough and the sauce on the chocolate cake had too much of some spice which made it disgusting. My ribs were great but my husband's steak was tough.

February 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love their ribs!

February 06, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

...best...ribs...ever.
Go for the buttered noodles as well, yum!

July 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home