BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

1.28.2008

Monkey Likes the 6th Gear

The wife and I were on our way to Soba for a late lunch on Saturday when I saw the sign for SpeedShop and realized the wife had not been there yet. I was excited to get another shot at the 6th gear.

As we sat waiting for our order, a man stood at the register waiting to place his. He orders his sandwich with the 6th gear. Keith, the owner, mentioned that I was getting the 6th gear as well and pointed me out. There are only two names on the 6th Gear Sign up sheet, so it's pretty obvious that I'm not Danielle.

The customer asked "Are you BOR"?

I paused thinking if I could pass it off as not being BOR in anyway....not a chance as Keith totally outed me. "Yes" I answered.

"I'm Monkey in the Box" he replies and we shake hands.

That was pretty funny. He even ordered the same sandwich as I get every time - The Roost. We chatted while we both ate our turkey sandwiches with the spicy sauce. Of course on his blog he says I was whimpering over the spice. I don't whimper and I took the heat like a man. It does make my nose run though. I love that stuff. As I remember it, the Monkey had to take his sandwich to-go as the heat was too much for him. He tried to hide the pain but we saw right through it.

Most of the bloggers I've met, don't know that I'm BOR. I'm not even sure if most of them know that they've met me. I've met Jake, Jen, Dave, Jon, Shannon, Duncan, Chris, Brian, Lyle, and Elise. It is amazing how tight knit the Bend Blogging community really is. Now the Monkey knows my face. Its only a matter of time before my identity is public knowledge.

Oh well.

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

5What? Got something to say?

Blogger Shannon said...

You've met me? Now I'm really freaked. There is only one person I can think of that would be you.

January 28, 2008  
Blogger Jake said...

We've met? Cripes, I feel like an idiot, as I have NO idea who you are...

January 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To-go box! Ha ha! I'm well known in these circles as 'the finisher'.

Jake, BOR has pink dreadlocks, so it should make him easy to spot. ;)

January 29, 2008  
Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

What the? How the? Who the? You are a wiley one, BOR.

January 29, 2008  
Blogger Little Things said...

You'd think you could stay anonymous on the interwebs, but it just never lasts. My grandmother recently found my blog and I haven't even been able to post since she told me.

January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home