BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

11.05.2007

Letter to the Editor - "Sumi's is a Sushi Jewel"

In The Source Weekly there is a letter to the editor that is titled "Sumi's is a Sushi Jewel" which you are welcome to read.

I could not disagree more with the comments on how great the sushi is. If I have never been to Sumi's and I read that comment in The Source, I would run to Sumi's immediately only to be disappointed. I've posted my review of the experience that I had at Sumi's Japanese Restaurant which sort of touches on this subject.

The quality of fish is top notch for sure. But man, that price is insane. $9.50 is not that bad for a good sushi roll but when you see the portion you get at Sumi's, you'll be sad. The roll is about 2.5 inches long when you put it back together. That's roughly half the size of a roll anywhere else. So you're talking about $20 per full size roll....the quality is good....but it's not THAT good.

I've been to Sumi's a few times now and it's ok. I like Sumi, she's great. I like their food but the price and portions are killing me. You'll drop $50 on dinner for two and leave hungry. That's not including drinks which ain't cheap either.

It is good to have a variety of Japanese restaurants to choose from and I wish there were more here. I just wouldn't sweat Sumi's as hard as the comment at the Source does.

Sumi's Japanese Restaurant
1444 NW College Way, Suite 1
Bend Oregon
http://www.sumisrestaurant.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Shannon said...

I'm telling ya -- Shojis is the place to go for good, cheap sushi.

November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I took the wifey there a few Friday's ago and dropped $50 (the wife had noodles by the way) and left feeling like I had to go to Newport Market for some quick sushi. And don't get me started on the appetizers - $3.50 for 3 slices of zuchinni on a skewer??!!

November 05, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

Lunch today - ten bucks not including tip. And I felt like I should tip her since she delivered our food to the table and then refilled my soda.

It was good and I was full... but that seemed a bit on the spendy side for LUNCH.

November 08, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

If y'all haven't noticed ... real estate in Bend has gone through the roof ... and that translates to expensive leases. Every new restaurant is likely to have a new overpriced lease price and therefore will have to charge more to break even (and believe me, they're just trying to break even). So ... if you want to complain about prices, complain to the realators and the BendLiving staff for marketing our town to rich Californians and driving the prices of everything up (or get used to paying it).

March 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home