BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

10.22.2007

Hong Kong Restaurant - Bend Oregon

Hong Kong Restaurant

A friend and I made it out to the Hong Kong Restaurant last week for lunch. It was my first ever visit to the HKR and I was looking forward to it. When we looked over the menu and then surveyed the buffet we opted for the all you can eat lunch buffet. I dared my friend to get the mashed potatoes. I'm still baffled as to why they have mashed potatoes sandwiched between the hot and sour soup and the crab puffs.

We both started with some hot and sour soup which was pretty good. Then we hit the buffet line twice.

For around $8 we were able to stuff ourselves with all sorts of Asian goodies from spring rolls to Mandarin chicken. I'd gladly go back to Hong Kong Restaurant again.

Hong Kong Restaurant
530 Se 3rd St
Bend, OR 97702
(541) 389-8880

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

I LOOOVE the Hunan Chicken at Hong Kong! It's so spicy I sweat. But then go back for more. Their BBQ Pork Noodles are also excellent. Sorry John Gottberg Anderson, I will always go to Hong Kong Restaurant and encourage others to.

October 22, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

The Hawaiian Chicken is my favorite, but their service is horrible. I also can't stand restaurants that are smoky because there is a bar in the back, blech!

October 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never had better Chinese food than at Hong Kong Restaurant. The staff is friendly and efficient. I was assisting with an atm installation there once and saw the kitchen/food preparation areas which were immaculate.

March 25, 2009  
Blogger Arlene M. Spencer said...

BOR, Just wanted to check in about Bend, Oregon's Hong Kong Restaurant. My hubby and I used to love this restaurant. All of that changed last night. We ordered, via delivery, as we usually do, and received a bizarre meal. I will begin by saying that the hot and sour soup was still great. We ordered (besides the soup) their potstickers, Kung Pao Chicken, the House Special Fried Rice, their Special veggies mixed dish (choose your own), and beef with broccoli. The dishes' sauces were each very bland. Not only that, the Kung Pao was not spicy or slightly tangy. Its sauce was a lot like the other dishes' gravies. The potstickers were actually cool and the middle of some of them were pink. The beef in the Beef with Broccoli did not seem fully cooked (but the broccoli was overcooked - go figure). The best was in the House Special Fried Rice: there was no bbq pork bits in it (which in and of itself is fine). They didn't just forgo the pork, though. They replaced it with (I'm not kidding) chunks of lunch meat ham (or sliced 'bone in' style ham)! It was kind of gross. We were really surprised. Their food is usually very fresh, tasty, and higher quality. We paid a pretty penny for this terrible meal; so be warned.

May 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home