BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

10.14.2007

Edamame Part ?

Edamame have infiltrated my base!!! I don't know what to do. The wife comes home with a 12 pack of edamame from Costco. The only good news is that it only cost $6. The bad news is that my frozen burritos got booted from the freezer. HELP!

Boiled soy beans are not good (DAVE). I don't care what you guys say. I stand by my previous statements / rants. You would not eat these if they were NOT called EDAMEME. You would definitely NOT pay $6 for a small bowl of these if they were called boiled soy beans. But, if you must, I highly recommend saving yourself $54 bucks and getting the 12 pack from Costco.


Mmmm microwaved soy beans....that's the American way, take something healthy and from another culture and figure out how to create a way to make them microwaveable so we can get them in our fat faces in 3 minutes instead of waiting to boil a pan of water. Not to mention how much more waste we are creating with 12 individually wrapped plastic containers....yeah, their so worth it.
Edamame is my Kryptonite.

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

8What? Got something to say?

Blogger leslie frances said...

Ohhh. You have my utmost sympathy. Edamame tastes like crap. Not that I've ever actually tasted crap but you know...
It's the newest invasion of yuppified snack food that's supposed to be fun, ethnic and good for your and really it just tastes like hell.
The texture's not that great either.

October 14, 2007  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

But they're heart healthy! :)

October 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boiling edamame is nasty.

They must be steamed, lightly, and served with a slightly-brown concoction of wasabi and shoyu (soy sauce). Nummy. Yes, nummy.

October 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try putting some salt on them. Also, in Japan then use a mixture of salt and red spice to give them more flavor.
FYI - if you eat them with beer (and salt for flavor) they actually help stop you getting a hangover.
Also, don't let them get too mushy, they are good when al-dente.
I hope you do grow to like them, I love them!!!

October 15, 2007  
Blogger Bend Oregon Restaurants said...

Jade is my new best friend. The only one that gets it. Edamame is not good. I try them every time she orders or makes them. Never good. They taste like burnt chalk.

October 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I LOVE it! You are SO right... it's only about the name.

My ex used to always order these and I just couldn't make myself like them... no matter how cool and trendy their name sounds.

November 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you, I love edamame, lightly steamed. No salt, just plain. Maybe I'm crazy.

June 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really don't like them? I don't really care about the name, but they taste great... and they help control your hunger !

September 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home