BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

8.04.2006

Double Happiness - Broccoli Chicken

I'm sort of an idiot. I don't want to struggle trying to figure out or even read the description of what the Tequila Tacos consist of. I would hope it had something to do with Tequila but nothing to do with the worm (boooo). So when I ordered the Broccoli Chicken at Double Happiness in Downtown Bend, guess what I got?

hot and sour soup
Yup, Hot and Sour Soup. Hehe, the Broccoli Chicken is coming up next don't worry. With a meal from this section of the menu you get your choice of Egg Flower or Hot and Sour Soup. I have yet to meet someone who orders the Egg Flower, if you're out there, let me know how it is. You also get to choose between a crab puff or egg roll.

Anyway the Hot and Sour soup is just that, Hot and Sour. Hot n' Sour was my nickname in college, just FYI. I love this soup but I don't want to know what's in it. It's a tangy, spicy, Chinese Jambalaya. At least that's what I'm going with.

Not very long after I devoured the soup, out came my Broccoli Chicken. Service here is hella fast but don't dive in, it's also hella hot.

broccoli chicken
How can you not like Broccoli Chicken...it's Chicken...it's Broccoli...it's delicious!

And of course I got mine with a little Hot Mustard on the side. Do I have to say how much I like my Chicken Hot? Well, I do.

So for $5.95 (assuming your meal is not on special that day) you get all this, AND A FORTUNE COOKIE!!! Unfortunately mine read
"That wasn't chicken" DOH!! HAHA just kidding.

Double Happiness is one of the best deals for a quick, hot, inexpensive meal downtown.

Tell em I sent you.

909 NW Bond Street
Bend Oregon 97701
541-389-5154

Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

1What? Got something to say?

Blogger xxldave said...

Double Happiness has great Chinese food! We were going almost weekly for a time and were bummed when they got pushed out of their downtown location. The new location is much better, parking is a snap and the dining room is fresh and pleasant. They now have a full bar behind the swinging doors. Harry is one of the best waiters we've had anywhere. Very cordial and will get the cook to fix you pretty much any Chinese the way you want it. On our last visit about a week ago he told me they are going to start serving BBQ duck, "China town" style. I guess the cooks pop-in-law is a renouned bbq master from LA. Can't wait to try it.

August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home