BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

5.08.2009

Ocean Roll - Sparrow Bakery

Ocean Roll

The last post I wrote was about a tasty sandwich from the Sparrow Bakery. My Facebook friends were commenting away as were my Tweeps (shutter) like @MelindaCampbell who kept telling me that I have to try the Ocean Roll.

I'm not a huge fan of sweets but that damn! This thing is crazy good. Its like a cinnamon roll on steroids. I'll call it the Manny Ramirez of Cinnamon Rolls. @thewritegal on twitter tells me that the Ocean Roll doesn't actually contain cinnamon but what I'm tasting is actually Cardamom.


Man, I don't even know how to describe it. There is a lot going on in the glaze and the pastry itself was flaky and soft. Mmmmm I'm in love! For $3.25 it is worth it. Ladies, this is one of those treats that you can celebrate with after a day of hiking, biking, or training for the "Couch to 5K." You deserve it.


Sparrow Bakery
50 SE Scott St
Bend, Oregon 97702
United States

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger mrscamacho said...

Yup! Croissant dough and cardamom. Love that thing.

If you have a mocha at the Sparrow, you'll get melted Valrhona chocolate - NOT syrup or powder! They open up a vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds for your vanilla latte.

You don't get much more authentic than the Sparrow. They're such lovely people, too. :)

May 08, 2009  
Blogger Ethan and Me said...

Ahhh.. I got your tweets on my phone, and had to go there to try out the Ocean Roll. Tragically, they were already sold out of them for the day. I wonder how many others rushed over to try it today? :)

May 08, 2009  
Blogger Connie Gabbert said...

Love Ocean rolls! I actually ended up on your blog because I was looking for a delicious recipe for these...looks like they are a well kept secret:)

May 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home