BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.20.2009

Alpenglow Cafe - Bend Oregon

Alpenglow Cafe

The Alpenglow Cafe has had a loyal following for a long, long time as do most of the breakfast restaurants in Bend. I have been to Alpenglow a few times. I used to go there back when they had the location next to Deschutes Brewery. I remember that they had great eggs Benedict's. I also remember that they used to be the hippy's #1 choice for breakfast complete with a pack of dogs and bikes out front that you'd have to navigate through in order to get inside where you were smacked in the nasal cavities with the aroma of patchouli.

Currently, they are located by Super Burrito and seem to still have their hippy following especially on nice days when the dogs and bikes are out in full force.

The wife and I went for lunch and the special for the day was a monte cristo. My man! Over the last couple years I have developed a love for the monte cristo. The monte served at Alpenglow seems to be the normal fashion to how this area makes 'em. Ham, turkey, cheese in between two thick slices of french toast served with preserves.


The only place in Bend that I have had a monte cristo where they actually battered the entire sandwich and fried it was at Greg's Grill...and it was awesome. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo and never did get to writing about it.

Alpenglow's monte was really really good but the best part were their fries. Nothing beats fresh fries covered in salty goodness. My arteries hate me but my belly loves me and my belly will win that battle every time until I get that sharp pain in my left arm...but until then, monte and fries for me. The great part about the meal was that it was only $6.95. Brilliant. Plus, it doesn't smell like patchouli anymore.

Alpenglow Cafe
1133 NW Wall St #100
Downtown Bend Oregon
541-383-7676
http://www.alpenglowcafe.com
alpenglow@bendcable.com

(Really?!? bend cable email address? You know you own your own domain right? You can use info@alpenglowcafe.com if you want to. Trust me, you can.)

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger imagesbyjk said...

I never really got the whole Alpenglow following. Their breakfasts are good but the Victorian and Chow's are much better and more creative. Besides that every time I've been the service has been marginal at best. And half the time they were out of whatever special they were featuring that day and that was mid morning (9'ish).

April 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guys at Decoy can make a mean Monte, just go ask Thomas. he'll hook it up

April 21, 2009  
Anonymous Prineville Princess said...

So what you are saying is....you got the FULL monte at the Aplenglow?

April 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home