BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

4.22.2009

El Burrito

El Burrito

My last visit to El Burrito was ok, not great but just ok. So the Wife and a friend that was with me on the last visit, and I went back to El Burrito to give it another try.

The chips and salsa arrive at the table immediately and I was happy as I remembered them being quite good. Normally I don't like to complain about a freebee like chips and salsa but these weren't good. The chips were stale and the salsa was bland and had the consistency of koolaid. It felt like they were running low and simply added water to it like when the Wife adds water to the bottle of dish soap and shakes it up. Makes it last longer fo sho. (Wife sings in the background "In the ghettooooo")

Well I ordered the carna asada with some flour tortillas which are supposed to come with the meal, they never came. The steak was ok. The sides all lacked any sort of flavor. Everyone at the table had the same sentiment, it was just blah. The wife received her tortillas and when I asked about mine I was told that they were all in the same container. There were only three tortillas in the case and since she got the fajitas, it makes sense there were three for her. Lame. She was cool enough to give me one though.


It wasn't the best experience I've had and it will be difficult to get my friends to give them another try. I'm not sure if it was just an off day or not but it will be a while before I feel the urge to make a return visit.

El Burrito
335 NE Dekalb Street
Bend Oregon 97702

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

4What? Got something to say?

Anonymous monkeyinabox said...

Down with Mexican restaurants that are stingy with tortillas! I mean, c'mon, if you give me the filling, give me something to stick it into.

April 22, 2009  
Blogger Timmy said...

meh. that is my opinion of this place. have never understood what all the fuss was about.

April 22, 2009  
Anonymous pounder said...

...as for the restaurant name, sheesh! Talk about "phoning it in". They really busted a gut coming up with THAT one...

April 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to love the place when Rose and Ken were there. I havent been back since I got some bad shrimp there and I mean bad they were spoiled. They gave me a coupon for buy one get one free on my next visit. Ya right I will not spend my money there anymore.

July 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home