BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

3.09.2009

Le Cakery

Le Cakery

Le Cakery on Galveston offers a daily menu of 7 cake flavors and 9 frosting flavors and serves up some of the tastiest Cupcakes (for $2.50 each) and Kidcakes (for $1.50 each) I have ever had. On Valentine's Day I went into Delusso Bakery for a baguette which would be used for the Valentine's Day dinner I'd end up making for the Wife. She saw the small sign for Le Cakery's cupcakes and walked across the street to get some for dessert.

I got the baguette and then joined her. I was happy to see some friends in their and got to view what cupcakes they selection. DJ Arl had selected a lemon poppyseed with cream cheese frosting and it looked wonderful. So I requested that the Wife order at least one of those and then the rest were up to her.

le cakery cupcakes
After our amazingly delicious Valentine's dinner, we got to eat these cupcakes. They were very very good. Best cupcake I've ever had honestly. The cake was light and fluffy while full of lemon goodness and just the right amount of poppy. I couldn't pass a piss test today but I'm still satisfied.

The only drawback for me is the price per cake. A little high in my opinion at $2.50 per cup. The Wife disagrees with me and I'll admit that I don't know how much a cake should cost.

Le Cakery
1227 NW Galveston
Bend, Oregon
541-383-2345
http://www.lecakeryongalveston.com/

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Blogger Talena said...

Ohhhh, The Cakery. I work just a few blocks away, and often indulge in just a wee "kid cake" as a midafternoon pick-me-up. I'm usually a chocolate/cream cheese frosting kind of gal, but my kiddo chose vanilla with orange frosting to take to his class on his 7th birthday, and - holy creamsicle goodness Batman! Now I'm out there mixing flavors and taking names. Lemon with vanilla. Pumpkin with peanut butter. Peanut butter with cream cheese. Mmmmm...

March 11, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to frequent the place more but you are so right the price keeps me away. I could pay $1 every day for one and have money for coffee too. But $2.50 is way to much. Maybe you should tell them to have a value menu?

March 19, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with The Wife, the prices are totally fine. The $1.50 "kid cakes" are the classic cupcake size and the perfect tasty treat instead of those Costco-sized other cupcakes. My fiancé + I are excited to get cupcakes from Le Cakery for our wedding in lieu of a cake. We weren't expecting to find such an awesome place in Bend so we're thrilled.

Endless yummy + perfectly adventuresome flavor combos. We did a cake testing + loved every flavor we bought so we're having a variety of flavors at our wedding.

June 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home