BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.27.2009

Rigoberto's Taco Shop

Rigoberto's

I have a friend who requested a review of Rigoberto's and over beers I agreed to go with him. I agree to a lot of things over beers. Stupid ballet tutu. I selected the Carne Asada Taco, the Carnitas Taco ($2 each), and couldn't resist going for 3 rolled tacos with sour cream for $2.80. TACO TOWWWWN!


First I tried the Carne Asada. After a couple of bites I somehow was flooded with memories of all those womp rats that I used to bullseye in my T-16 back home. The "steak" was about as consistent as chunky ground beef.

The Carnitas taco was much better. Plenty of fatty pork piled high between two soft corn tortillas. I was pretty pleased with the carnitas but it isn't good enough for me to go back. Well, if I happened to be over near the 3rd street Rigoberto's at some random time of night and nothing else is open, and I'm drunk...sure, I'd gladly go back.

The "rolled tacos", or Costco Taquitos for everyone else, were dry on the inside, soaking wet from the pile of sour cream on the outside, and completely covered with cheddar. Save your $2.80.


I'm glad to report that I have not had any unscheduled bowel movements after eating at the 3rd street Rigoberto's. I will also admit, that for $2, the Carnitas taco was a healthy portion and is worth a try if you get suckered into going.

Rigoberto's Taco Shop
1913 NE 3rd St.
Bend, OR 97701
541.388.6783

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to think of Rigobertos as equal to Taco Bell in price, but with food that is much tastier.

The carne asada taco is one of my fav's. The fish tacos are pretty good at times and the spicy sauce is a nice touch. I like it hot.

February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breakfast burritos. None better for the price.

Bacon-y cheesy goodness.

February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS - Rigoberto's Taco Shop busted by Bend Police for Meth, weapons, and other drugs. Hopefully something good will take it's place.

March 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home