BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.04.2009

Taco Bell = Crap - Deliciously Disgusting Crap

Taco Bell

Taco Bell is and has always been gross. Yet for some reason, I can't stay away for more than two years at a time. Every two years or so I just get this craving for Taco Bell. I want to devour like 8 tacos with 16 packets of fire sauce. So the other day the Wife was out running errands and I took full advantage.

I stand in line so I can review the menu and figure out a plan of attack. My conscious gets the best of me and I decide not to stuff my fat face and just select the two items that I've seen on TV. The Cheddar Bacon Gordita Crunch ($2.49) and the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito ($0.89).

I never thought that I would ever find something that bacon does not belong on. In theory, this makes sense, cheddar, bacon, ground beef, taco shell...but something goes wrong. Maybe it was the special sauce or the taco shell but bacon did not belong. I still ate it of course but drenched the entire thing with fire sauce to help drown out the special sauce. That shit freaked me out. Ick.


I always love how commercials and images on company web site's show such tasty, pretty, hearty dishes but when you actually get the item, it's smashed, sloppy, and gross. Taco Bell is no exception. Everything I get from Taco Bell always looks gross and sloppily assembled.

I didn't like the Cheddar Bacon Gordita Crunch but the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito was pretty good and only .89 cents. That's a deal. Of course the photo doesn't show much, just a lumpy mess but it was tasty. Hopefully this will be on the menu two years from now when I get a craving to go back.



Taco Bell
1104 NE 3rd St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 389-5179

Labels:


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

3What? Got something to say?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. There goes my dinner plans. Thanks.

February 04, 2009  
Blogger jdoering said...

Amen! Every few years my Taco Bell craving reaches a crescendo and I can't resist going. I go, the food tastes superficially good and then a few hours later my stomach reminds me why I only go once every few years!

My theory is that the food has a very short half-life and starts decaying in the stomach.

February 10, 2009  
Blogger Zineeta said...

I prefer Taco Time's burritos over taco bell. We like their deserts and the 10 soft taco deals, theres not much to them but their still ok for the price. You get what you pay for.

May 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home