BendOregonRestaurants has moved. Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit Bend Oregon Restaurants and update your bookmarks.

2.26.2009

bistro corlise - latest to close

I'm very disappointed in you who have not tried bistro corlise and helped keep one of the finest restaurants in Bend open. I just received an email from the very talented Jason Logan announcing the upcoming closure.

I'm sad. I thought you all loved me. We have a good thing going here. I tell you where the good places are and where to avoid. If I say that somewhere is good, you should believe me AND eat there. Come on people!

"Sadly, this email is not offering another wine dinner or food event. I am writing to announce that I have decided to sell the restaurant. ... Without the community's willingness to at least try what we have to offer, I cannot justify staying in Bend.

The last sixteen months have been a wonderful creative time in my life, as we have offered over fifty different menus. These include regional wine dinners, National Sparkling Wine Day, and finally our Head to Tail Dinner. I am proud of my culinary ideals, principals, and philosophies and I will continue to press on and seek challenges in the future.

We will be open our regular hours through Friday, March 6th. We will be closed the 7th and 8th, as I have been invited to cook for an event at Ken Wright Cellars. I have not yet decided if we will be open the following week."





bistro corlise
916 NW Wall St.
Bend OR 97701
http://www.bistrocorlise.com/

Labels: ,


Please help support COCAAN's Feed the Need Program by:

Reading This - Maybe
Donating Funds
Donating Food

6What? Got something to say?

Blogger Elise Michaels Media said...

That's because there are too damn many choices downtown! It's hard to decide, when you can throw one rock and hit 3 or 4 restaurants. And that's why I think Zydeco is NUTS to move downtown. Especially right across from their other restaurant.

February 26, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I am a pretty "adventurous" eater and I would not eat most of the stuff found on their menu. Most people I know in Bend won't even eat half of the things I eat. I feel badly that anyone loses their business and don't wish that upon anyone. I do also believe, however, that if you start a business, you need to know your customer. Their customer just doesn't live here in Bend. To the Blog owner - I am sorry you are losing one of your favorites. There are just not many super yummy places left here. It is like a ghost town. I surely hope that people gain confidence provide us with more dining options in the near future.

February 26, 2009  
Blogger dkgoodman said...

Anonymous sounds like she'd be fun on dates. :)

February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not an "adventurous" eater. I at least walked in the door of Bistro Corlise and gave it a try. They made it easy and painless to try something new. I have enjoyed delicious foods and wine there that you just can't get anywhere else around here. Yes, they have some strange sounding things on the menu, but there are things for the safe eaters too. I can tell that Chef Jason really put his heart and soul into what he was doing...Bend is just not ready. It is a SAD day for the Bend restaurant scene.

February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food was quite good, but the space itself needed attention. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me a big part of the dining experience is the ambiance. Sitting at one of the high tops, I felt like I was eating in a hallway. The bar was completely devoid of...anything! Not a single candle, nothing. I got the impression they either weren't fully "open" yet, or had already decided to close. This was three months ago. I'll reiterate though, the food was really tasty. But in this market you need the whole package to be successful.

February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the restaurant ambiance was lovely...not to mention the food and service. What it was void of was people. So shame on us bendites!

February 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home